Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    X3Kylieis_neat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2005, 01:09 PM
    My house is haunted. I have a theory.. could it be right?HELP
    OK.. I've lived in this house for over a year now. When it was being built I went through and took some pictures. Around this time last year I got them developed and realized things that looked like orbs in some of them. I feel like I can tell when spirits are near.. its just a hunch I get. I have strange dreams of ghosts. I went to my friends house a few weeks ago and played with a ouija board. The first question I asked was what is my address. It answered correctly and then wouldn't move. We got this weird feeling and quit. Since then things have been getting weirder. I keep getting cold chills and my cats won't quit sitting at the stairway crying. A few days ago I was doing dishes and sat a dry glass cup on the counter. I looked up and it appeared to be moving. My first reaction was to touch it.. it immeadietly quit moving. I sat it down again and it moved.. but this time slower. I turned the cup over the other way and put it in the back of the cabinet cause it was freaking me out. Then today I heard like crashing noises coming from the bathroom. It sounded like everything had fallen off the sink.. I went in but everything was in place. Both cats were sleeping. Like I said, this is a new house so I'm not sure how exactly it would be haunted.. of course my mom collects old harvard classic books from the early 1900's and keeps them boxed in the basement. I've never heard of book being the reason for ghosts. But then again not much of this makes sense. Gahanna isn't really known for hauntings, so its not like it's the city that's haunted. I'm confused.. but I'm really thinking it's the books. Could I be right? :confused:
    pUnk 0f 31r3 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Aug 3, 2005, 04:04 PM
    It could be the books
    Sometimes spirits are attached to objects, sometimes houses, sometimes other inanimate objects, possibly a book, or even a piece of clothing. They also tend to visit people who can sense their presence, although, I can't see how this can be proven, 'cause people who can't sense their presence wouldn't know, now would they? :)
    kiowas Posts: 14, Reputation: 0

Oct 2, 2005, 09:32 PM
    Spirits, ghost etc...
    ... can come into ones home with many items or you may very well be channeling it (them). I would suggest you not use the ouija board again since it seems to me you did not open or close the board properly. It seems your ghost, spirit, etc. (if you have one or more) are harmless. They are playing tricks to get your attention. If these antics really bother or scare you simply ask them to stop. Stand strong and confident. Tell them you are aware they are there and there is no need for games. Also tell them this is "my" home and "I" won't tolerate this type of behavior. Try it and keep me updated on your results. Blessings, Anna
    Lambchop Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2008, 01:35 PM
    I was taking photos of the rooms of my condo for a sale-flyer when I saw in the photos spheres/discs/orbs of various sizes and colors. This began about two weeks ago. The orbs appear in my photos taken outside in the yard, e.g. in and above the trees, and even downtown when I go window shopping. And it is not just my digital camera (Sony). My friends have brought their own cameras and the orbs appear on their photos too. Although no one can see the orbs with the naked eye, my pet cats have for quite awhile been following unseen things with their eyes. I believe the cats can see the orbs. What is an orb? Could they be subatomic particles such as neutrinos? Gamma rays? Are orbs part of the paranormal world? Spirits of the dead? I am looking for an explanation.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 8, 2008, 02:59 PM
    I agree with the others.
    Playing with the ouija board can and will open you to bad spirits so don't ever touch it again or it will get worse.
    A house can be brand new and haunted because the spirits do not recognize the house as the issue of where they are or are not going to go. They transcend beyond the material realm.
    But the land for the most part. People mistakenly think they can tear down a haunted house and rebuild a new ghost free one.
    I guess your problem may be possibly a combination of things because you say you saw the orbs before playing with the ouija board.

What you have isn't necessarily bad spirit but if you continue playing with the ouija board you are opening yourself up to it being just that.

Some people say orbs are angels
    Some say they are the spirits of the dead
    Others say they are energy forces (electrical and natural power) being transferred from a source to the spirit so they can manifest
    Leo Z Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2008, 12:40 PM
    I fully agree with N0help4u and pUnk 0f 31r3. N0help4u has very good answers.
    topher Posts: 65, Reputation: 3

Dec 21, 2008, 02:38 PM

99.99999% chance that's it's dust particles floating around
    Riff_Raff Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2009, 04:56 AM

Some ghosts a residual energy left within the fabric of a building altering this fabric can stir up the entities and cause them distress which in turn will manifest onto you, Using a oiuja board without proper precaution will result in you opening a doorwa to the other side and possibly not closing it which can then allow some pretty nasty stuff to come through so I recommend staying away from oiuja boards and doing some research on the property to find it's history this may answer your questions. To remove the problem then you had best go to a reputable medium who may be able to help or a priest. DO NOT TRY ANY SELF APPLIED REMEDY this usually makes things worse. Hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is my new house haunted? [ 11 Answers ]

We built and moved into a house 8 months ago. We have one room that we had some Bali statues and tribal mask in for decoration. Since we added these we have had a few people house watch for us who did not like the room. My mother stayed and put all the Bali stuff in a bag in the garage because they...

Is my house haunted ? [ 45 Answers ]

Is my house haunted? Things keep moving around ill put them in one place then ill find them in another. My little boy who is autistic sees things but he can't tell me what he's seeing but stares and giggles. I hear my name called but when I ask who's shouting me no one in house has. I get strange...

Is My House Haunted [ 6 Answers ]

:confused: When I was in third grade I had a friend over and we were playing with the flashlight in the total darkness. I pointed the flashlight to a corner of the room and a watery looking object was there it did look like it was moving. So we hurry and shut off the light and then the fan just...

Is the house haunted [ 9 Answers ]

I've been going round a friend of mines house now for about a year. Everything was fine until about three months ago when strange things started to happen it started with small things like things being moved or going missing and then finding them in different places where I know for a fact I did...

How can I tell if my house is haunted? [ 43 Answers ]

:o Weird things have happened off and on the past 4 years we've lived in our house. It was terrible at first. Terrible dreams about the house, about bodies buried in the walls. It felt like there was a male spirit present at times, not a good one but maybe wanting to scare us? My daughter, for...

View more questions Search