Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mommy102808 Posts: 52, Reputation: 11

May 20, 2010, 01:20 PM
    Family Member Needs Some Good Advice
    I do not know why this is happening but, two of my family members have done a 360 turn around in their attitudes and their whole life. A woman who used to be a great mother, full of laughter and someone everyone likes has turned into someone nobody even wants to be around. Her daughter the same way. Her daughter is just turning 15 years old a freshman in high school and has no discipline whatsoever. She has had boyfriend after boyfriend a different one every day and her mom lets them stay in the bedroom alone together. She has just recently got engaged to her newest boyfriend who she only knew for less than a week. The sixth day of this new relationship they announced their engagement.
    I care for her a whole lot but when I try to talk to her they say really mean things to me and say that I need to mind my own business. Yes I agree everyone has their own business but when her mom allowed her to quit school to be homeschooled because of the reputation she had gotten at school it started to worry me. I just want to see her succeed in life and not mess up and get married this early. Any advice on how I could talk to her without sounding like I am just a nosey family member?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 20, 2010, 01:36 PM

Really you have no choice but to watch the situation crash and burn. Anything you do to interfere will be looked at with spite. They have already set the tone for the relationship that they want. Your only choice is to follow the lead. It doesn't sound like a healthy relationship that they have going but they are in the handbasket together.. if you know what I mean. So be prepared to listen and pick up the pieces after. From what your saying that might not be that far away.

May 20, 2010, 05:54 PM

I know I should and I have done just that. Stepped back and let what will be happen. But it is just so hard to watch and know you can't do anything to help out.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 20, 2010, 05:57 PM

I know. But that's part of life that we all have to deal with. Can't put people in stocks anymore. j/k.

Just be prepared and see what you can do as things develop.

May 20, 2010, 06:37 PM

I wonder if it's against the law to kidnap her and lock her in a room so she can't marry this guy until she is ready for that kind of commitment? Lol jk

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What do you do when you take a family member in? [ 8 Answers ]

My mom couldn't take care of me and I was about to be taken away and so my aunt took me in. And when I lived with my mom I could be myself and she didn't put me down for the way that I was or for having feelings. And growing up living with my aunt and her family I began to hate myself and denied my...

How long does it normally take for a family member to adopt another family member [ 6 Answers ]

:confused: I am in the process of adopting my nephew. I have had him since he was born and started the adoption in 05 I did home study, background check, etc in first year. Two years later I got transfer of custody. It is now going on the third year and the adoption is still not final. How long...

I Would Appreciate Family Law Advice [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all! I'm seeking family law advice! Hope all are doing well! Im the second to the youngest of 7 children. Parents deceased over 5 years. I have a question on a residential trust and the executor of the estate! My eldest brother (executor) has failed to pay the taxes for a portion of years...

Eviction of a family member from a single family home [ 2 Answers ]

My brother who is about 37 years old lives with my father, sister and myself; my brother is an alcoholic and a drug addict and is verbally abusive to my father who is 71 years old and is also disabled. My father wants him to move out of the house; is there a specific amount of time, by law, that...

View more questions Search