Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mushroom Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2008, 10:53 AM
    How do I install a usb2 controller card?
    Hi Everyone! I have a Dell Diminsion 2100 with windows xp with 384 ram and 120 hard drive.
    It has two usb 1 ports on the back and that is all. I bought a usb 2 pci controller card with 4 external ports and 1 internal port. It came with no instructions for installation. Am I trying something that's impossible? I see no way to hook up the ports and do I have to hook any wires to the card? Thanks for any help.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Feb 19, 2008, 11:04 AM
    Are you trying to hook USB ports from the laptop to the devices? Can you let me know the model of the dell so I can see what you are talking about.

Normally, Dell uses the back for power and ethernet connections. USB slots are along the side edges>

Feb 20, 2008, 08:40 AM
    Sorry I didn't specify. It is a dell desktop windows xp. An older one. I bought in in early 2002 when xp's first came out. It only has two ports and they are on the back. The model is dell diminsion 2100. Thanks for your response.

Feb 21, 2008, 09:19 AM
    Problem Solved. Thanks for all the help. I really appreciate it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I install my multimedia audio controller? [ 1 Answers ]

:mad: I have the same problem but I have no idea what model/manufacturer my PC is? Now I can't use my speakers! Is there another way I can install it?:confused: Thanks lots!

Don't understand usb2 and external harddrives 0.o [ 3 Answers ]

Hey all~ I got a 80gig external hard drive usb2. I'm no expert at stuff like this... but I figured that my computer doesn't have a usb2 port, so I bought a pci card with usb2 ports and shoved it into the slots in my motherboard. Yet when I connect my external hard drive, it still says this...

NO SOUND after sound card install [ 3 Answers ]

Hey I'm new on here I have a HP tower.. just installed a beefed up sound card in it and it doesn't work.. made sure all connection are good.. and installed the program.. now it won't work at all.. please help me someone?

USB2 or USB1 for Windows98 SE? [ 1 Answers ]

After successfully installing a USB2 card in my computer it slowed things down so badly that I had to uninstall it. Should I install a USB1 instead? I am running Windows 98 SE on an older 133 mhz computer.

View more questions Search