Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hedieh Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2006, 08:52 AM
    Change pills
    I'm 25 & using birth control pills for 8months,I had brown discharge lastmonth,10days after my period finish,so I went to doctor & she told me it should be for pills so if you change it its better,but she gave me DALACIN CREAM juat in case if is any infection that I should use it for 7days that I started it yesterday,also yesterday my old tablet finished too & I satrt new tablet without any gap as doctor told me but today I had white-bloody discharge,I scared a lot what it can be?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 11, 2006, 09:45 AM
    I am not sure what you mean by white-bloody discharge. The cream that was prescribed to you is to treat certain bacterial infections of the vagina. One of the most common side effects is thick, white vaginal discharge with no odor, or mild odor. I am assuming this is what you mean by white-bloody discharge.

You should also know that itching of the vagina or genital area and/or pain during sexual intercourse are also side effects.

You MUST take this medication for the entire length of time that your doctor prescribed it to you to ensure that the infection will go away completely.

So, all that said, the discharge is a common side effect of this medication and may or may not lessen during use, however, it will go away once you complete your course of medication is over.
    hedieh Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2006, 10:06 AM
    White bloody discharge that I have is like white discharge include blood in it,I can see blood in my white discharge & is start today while I using Dalacin cream from lastnight & new birth control pills too.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 11, 2006, 10:27 AM
    From my reading this is a common side effect. To be on the safe side you should always call your doctor, or pharmacist/chemist, and let them know what is going on and they can decide if you should stay on this medication or if they want to change you to a new medicine.

As I said this medicine is for infections, your doctor may decide to switch your medicine if he/she feels that this side effect is not in your best interest.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Pills [ 8 Answers ]

What could happen if a person would take a capsul that is bigger than the normal size? Would that cause any problems?

View more questions Search