Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Naralee Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2007, 02:13 PM
    Son Going to be divorce
    My son was told on Father's day by his wife I think we should have sometime apart.
    Then June 23, 2007 she told him, yes and you have to be out by July 1st.
    On June 25, 2007 she the divorce paper.
    She said, don't get anyone We can do all the papers and then That's that done.
    My question is if the paper do not tell my son to move does he have to?
    Both do not have bad words at each other or any think like that.
    All that is both of they love is a child ( now 9 ).
    All is move fast and my son works Wed-Sunday and no car,
    She has the car My son gets rides from other workers by his home.
    I could use a good answer to yes he has to move by Sunday, or NO ?
    Thank You,
    Just a Mom 600 miles away trying to help
    Naralee
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 28, 2007, 02:42 PM
    Unless she has papers evicting him then he doesn't have to move. And maybe the two of them get along together for the sake of their son until its all over and done with. And why does she have to have the car ? Anything in both their names for now is still legal until the courts say it isn't.
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2007, 04:29 AM
    If your son doesn't want the divorce, he shouldn't let her rush it so much. He's not obligated to sign anything or move out or do anything until it goes to court. If she's insistent, he should get a lawyer and slow the process down and protect his interests, especially since there's a child involved.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 29, 2007, 06:28 AM
    I would love to see what a lawyer says about this paper. So should he.
    Naralee Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2007, 03:04 PM
    Mom helping son
    I would like thank all for the help for my son.
    He was not moving out, but then his wife started to not come home tell 11p.m.
    His child was not getting much sleep.
    So my son moved on July 2nd, but first he paid all bills for July and had each one sign for.
    On Sunday July 7th his Wife and child were in a car accented, all are o.k. But she had an other man with her.
    Then on July 11 she moved him into the apartment.
    Now his child is upset and afraid of this man.
    So as of now her other grandmother has her.
    My son was told by his wife we love each other and the day after the divorce is done, I can have him move in and get married.
    My son is no going to a lawyer he does not have the money.
    He is doing all the papers for the court next week and going for full care of the child.
    He is hopeful this is not going to make war??
    Is he on the right road?

Thanks
    Naralee
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2007, 04:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Naralee
    My son is no going to a lawyer he does not have the money.
    He is doing all the papers for the court next week and going for full care of the child.
    Have you ever heard the saying "The man who acts as his own lawyer has a fool for a client"? He really needs to get a lawyer if the divorce and child custody arrangements are contested issues. I'm sure if he's determined he can find a lawyer to represent him in spite of his poverty. If he can't find a lawyer through legal aid or some other charity who will represent him pro bono, he can work out an arrangement to make payments over a period. This is not something to try to save money on.
    Delilah P Posts: 82, Reputation: 14

Jul 13, 2007, 07:43 PM
    I totally agree with "ordinaryguy"! Have your son go to the court in his city/county and ask about legal aid or a PRO BONO attorney. Please know that someone will help him or point him in the right direction. Your grandchild shouldn't have to be in the middle of all of this, especially hearing that another man has moved in. Your son needs assistance, especially since there is a child involved... his wife has the only mode of transportation.. and she is making your son move out. She can't make all of these demands.. it has to be determined by the court and your son needs proper representation. Good luck to him. Please remember.. have him check into LEGAL AID.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2007, 08:15 AM
    He doesn't have to go anywhere. Since they are residing in the marital home I doubt that she can even evict him with the standard 30-days notice. And that's assuming that she is the sole owner or lessee of the marital home. If it is a joint ownership or lease, then she hasn't a prayer. Frankly, if I were your son I'd tell her that if she wants out, then she can pack up her a$$ and leave.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Son just on 16 [ 34 Answers ]

My son is just on 16 and is very keen on a girl he met at school and who he has known for some time at school and at Scouts. Over the last month they have noticed each other more. The problem is that my wife has an objection to my son having a girlfriend until at least 18+ and has grounded him for...

15 yr old son needs help [ 5 Answers ]

My son is 15 and is spiraling out of control. His Dad and I have done everything we know to do. Nothing seems to really help-just when we think he has got the picture and doing better he screws up again. He is on probation for stealing, he had gotten a ticket for didorderly conduct and has...

Worried Mom Son in trouble with divorce and kids [ 1 Answers ]

My sons wife left him Dec 8th took almost everything in the house and the kids. He works afternoon shift she the midnight shift they would trade the kids from car to car at the shift change. He would have the kids every weekend and everyday that they had off. This arrangement was OK until he had...

My Son [ 4 Answers ]

My 2 years old son not yet to start speak he, just call 'mummy' or 'daddy' only... we, me and wife is normlly not outspoken much please help me

I need help with my son. [ 11 Answers ]

I'm 36 and have a 16 year old son. His mother moved to Scotland before he was born and 2 years ago died of cancer my son who I didn't even know about came to live with me. However we didn't really take to each other. Kyle(my son)had a stepdad who wasn't the most nice of people so he doesn't...

View more questions Search