Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Deamon Hunter Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2007, 09:37 PM
    Welder salary
    Hey, I'm taking welding for the third year in high school, and I'm going to Western Dakota Tech to become a certified welder. What would the yearly salary be for that career?

Thank you, and please reply to this question.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 17, 2007, 09:39 PM
    What type of welding are you going to do. High rise commercial construction, or working at Bubba's tractor shop welding combines and plows ( yes there are guys that do that sort of thing)
    Are you going to be working in NY or south Alabama.
    The difference can be 1000's

Aug 18, 2007, 06:18 PM
    I'm thinking about mechanics welding, or my own personal shop, and in South Dakota.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2007, 06:58 PM
    Welders right out of tech school here, in North Dakota, can figure on $18.00-$20.00 an hr, depending on where you go (it could be more - or less). If you work in the oil fields, you can count on more than that. Your tech school will have a placement program for their grads and often employers will come looking for employees. There is usually a job placement fair held at least once a year at a tech school. Your opportunities will be very good.

Good luck to you!

Aug 18, 2007, 10:39 PM
    Wow, thank you very mutch...
    And thank you for the luck... haha :D
    Dakota Sister Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2007, 09:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Deamon Hunter
    Hey, I'm taking welding for the third year in high school, and i'm going to Western Dakota Tech to become a certified welder. what would the yearly salary be for that career?

thank you, and please reply to this question.
    Western Dakota Tech... small world. My Husband worked for NSC and was making only $12 - 13 dollars an hour. I have a good friend in Rawlins Wyo who says welders are making upwards of $25 an hour. I know in Gillette they are begging for welders and are paying upwards of $25.00 an hour

Nov 19, 2007, 10:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakota Sister
    Western Dakota Tech...small world. My Husband worked for NSC and was making only $12 - 13 dollars an hour. I have a good friend in Rawlins Wyo who says welders are making upwards of $25 an hour. I know in Gillette they are begging for welders and are paying upwards of $25.00 an hour
    Oh wow, you sure is a small world, lol..
    Oh wow, $25 an hr, that's vry nice, do you happen to know, what the welders would be hired to weld at all? Because that's a good idea, thank you. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home country salary from US salary [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am a L1 visa holder from india and was working in Massachusetts from aug 2005 to dec 2005 as a contractor from my original company in india. I used to receive the US salary from aug 2005 to dec 2005 for which I have the W2. During the same period I also used to receive my indian...

Salary of underwater welder [ 14 Answers ]

how much does this profession earn in a year? salary and hourly rate? :confused:

Underwater welder salary [ 3 Answers ]

Can someone tell me how much money underwater welders make in average. I know it's a wide range but I would like to know all the answers you come Up with. Or where I can find more information on the pay proceedures.

What is the salary of an underwater welder? [ 2 Answers ]

What is the salary of an underwater welder?

Welder [ 1 Answers ]

I found an old lincoln welder that I can't identify. I guess it looks like a water tank about 4 feet tall and 3 feet wide with a crank on the side. Ring any bells

View more questions Search