Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    esmejt23 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2010, 12:18 PM
    Replaced the water heater but there is no hot water preasure upstairs
    Replaced the water heater and there is no hot water coming out upsatirs. Downstairs there is hot water coming out but low preasure
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Mar 10, 2010, 12:29 PM

No hot water in any plumbing fixture upstairs ?

Did you bleed the system before you turned water back ON ?

Mar 10, 2010, 12:34 PM

Yes we did, on the faucet I get no water what-so-ever but the shower head I get like rain drops only
    Plumbing Expert

Mar 10, 2010, 12:37 PM

You have most likely clogged Aerators at sinks and Flow restrictor screens in shower head.

1. Remove shower head and run water w/o it installed. See how much water you get.
    2. Remove Aerator from sink spout and run water w/o it. See how much water you get.

Mar 10, 2010, 12:42 PM

I will definitely try that, but what would clog up the aerators? I did nothing but replaced the water heater. (1st time ever changing a water heater)
    Plumbing Expert

Mar 10, 2010, 12:48 PM

It is a common problem. Every time you change hot water heater changes in pressure disturb sediment in pipes. These small particles then travel to your fixtures getting lodged in strainers, aerators and flow restrictors. We always take them off at the most distant bathroom before we turn water back ON. That way we don't have to clean them later...

Mar 10, 2010, 01:43 PM

Was I supposed to wait for the heater to warm up before I opened the faucets? Because what I did was connect, fill up with water, bleed, and then open faucets.
    Plumbing Expert

Mar 10, 2010, 01:45 PM

The Aerators should have been removed before you fill up - and stay removed during fill up. That's where most of the loose particles travel through pipes.

Mar 10, 2010, 01:56 PM

Understood, Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replaced water heater, no pressure or hot water [ 46 Answers ]

I have just replaced my old water heater, and now I don't have hot water and my kitchen pressure is low, but the bath has good pressure. What could be the problem here? It's a brand new water heater so the elements couldn't have gone out could they?

No Hot Water, Replaced Water Heater [ 9 Answers ]

We have not had any hot water for 3 weeks. Here is what has been done: We had an AO Smith water heater and replaced both thermostats and both heating elements 3 different times (with two different plumbers). We had an electrician look at it and all of the power is going to it. We replaced the...

Replaced hot water heater but still have no hot water pressure [ 3 Answers ]

I had a "dip tube" problem with my hot water heater so I had it replaced. Well, now I have a hot water heater with a good dip tube, but I still don't have hot water pressure in my bathroom, and at a couple sinks as well. How can I flush out my hot water pipes, to remove all the decay (pvc pipe...

Replaced electric water heater Atlanta area, but no hot water [ 14 Answers ]

The old water heater died. Bot one (38 gals) at HD. Installed exactly like the old one was as follows--3 CPVC pipes come out of wall. Two are joined. Before they are joined one has a valve. After they are joined there is a second valve. The pipe is connected to the cold side of the heater using...

How much should it cost to have thermocouple replaced on a hot water heater [ 8 Answers ]

How much should it cost to have thermocouple replaced on a hot water heater?

View more questions Search