Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adorable11984 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2007, 02:56 PM
    How to draw up legal paperwork giving me Temporary cutody of 5 kids?
    I am 22 years old. My sister wants me to take her 5 kids . She is going to jail and her husband is in jail. SHe wants me to draw up legal paperwork to give me custody. I do not know what needs to be included in this. So my question is does someone know how to draw up paper work that will be legal to the state of Missouri? PLease help! THank you very much anyone who can help me.

The problem is that I have to have paper work to get them into school and to get them medical treatment. I just don't know how to write the papers up right
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 13, 2007, 03:33 PM
    Hello adorable:

I would either hire a lawyer to draw it up, or I wouldn't attempt anything at all. If you try something and it's not correct, you could be opening yourself up to a lot of troubles down the road.

You're the aunt. The parents are going to be in jail. They'll be staying with you till she gets out. There's nothing illegal about that, and nothing you could write could make it more legal, nor could it protect you or the parents better.

That's what I think anyway, but what do I know? I'm an exconvict.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Legal age of leaving multiple kids alone over night [ 10 Answers ]

I am trying to find out what age is legal for a child to be alone with 2 younger siblings in ontario,I understand for a lone child its guaged on maturity but what about other kids with the child,can they be left alone eveynight over night 5 nights a week? thank you for your help

Paperwork for a refi [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to get my house refinanced but I have misplaced my original papers. Where can I obtain the Note, Security deed and the settlement statement?

What is Legal Temporary Resident [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Tax experts I started my OPT from Feb 20th 2006 and started working in the same university as a Research Fellow after completing my MS while on F1. Now the payroll says that I need to pay for my FICA as I am a LEgal Temporary Resident. What does that mean ? I have presently began my H1 from Feb...

Pet Shop Switched Paperwork [ 2 Answers ]

About 10 months ago I bought a kitten from a pet shop. I was looking for a male cat, as they are cheaper to neuter and it is not quite as urgent as a female. I bought the kitten, which was already microchipped, and received the microchip paperwork for the kitten. Some weeks later I received a...

View more questions Search