Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    snoopy55 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2011, 02:10 PM
    02 honda civic throttle body problems
    We just replaced the throttle body on an 02 honda civic and now it shifts into neutral before advancing to the next gear. It's an automatic. Before we replaced the throttle body, the check engine like would come on, and it would race and not shift. If we put it in neutral and shut it off while coasting and start it up, it would correct the problem so we replaced the throttle body as the code indicated to do but now it doesn't shift properly. Can anyone help?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2011, 02:27 PM

Sounds like a straight transmission problem, to me. If you haven't been changing the transmission fluid regularly (every 24 months or 30,000 miles), the ATX may need rebuilding/replacing. Before doing anything else, I would change the fluid and see if that helps:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ml#post2634481
    Techsam Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2011, 09:32 PM
    Why would you be changing a throttle body for gear shifting problem? Normally TPS throttle position sensor tells the ECM on how much degree the throttle plate is moved and accordingly the ECM commands the shifting. The problem here is that the TPS has to be adjusted and you would need a scanner to do this adjustment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honda civic won't start after throttle body cleaning [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Can anybody out there helps me finger out what could be wrong with this civic? Car: 1992 honda civic, 4dr, automatic transmission, 120,000mil. Many parts have been changed over the years (ECU, thansmission, distributor, main relay, fuel pump,. you name it) Car had been always starting...

1991 Honda Civic Throttle Body Replacement [ 15 Answers ]

Mechanic replaced my old throttle body with a lightly used throttle body. ALso installed a new O2 sensor. ECU is still throwing an error 7 & 15 and the car continues to stall at lights and sputter in 1st & 2nd gear. Runs great on the highway and around town but when you stop you got to keep the...

Honda throttle body help [ 2 Answers ]

I brought the wrong throttle body for my d16y7 engine and I don't know if it will work in my car, I assume its from a d16y8. On my throttle body there's the map, tps, and iac sensor, but on the one I just brought, there's only a map and tps-----------help

Honda Civic '89 1.6L - which throttle body? [ 7 Answers ]

About to purchase a replacement fuel injection throttle body. Seller says his available part is for a 1.5L engine, but that it should be O.K. for a 1.6L. Is he correct? Chuck

View more questions Search