Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Snoodies Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2010, 08:58 AM
    Concrete patio depth
    I'm having a concrete patio poured that is 760 sq. ft. I need to confirm what the depth should be. I thought I read 6" but my contractor is telling me all I need is 4" for a patio. It's not like we'll have a car parked on it. It will have an outdoor kitchen and firepit though. Can someone confirm the correct depth? Thanks.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 3, 2010, 09:14 AM

4" is more than adequate for a patio. If you are planning on having a open fire at ground level then this area should be left open with a ring poured.
    Snoodies Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2010, 09:35 AM

What should the concrete depth be for a pathway that's roughly 2'x100'?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 3, 2010, 09:46 AM

Patios and sidewalks are usually 3 1/2" thick. That's why I said MORE than adequate. http://www.quikrete.com/ContactUs/FAQs.asp

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Extending a concrete slab patio using concrete blocks [ 11 Answers ]

I currently have a 14x16 concrete patio I am about to build a pergola over and have also decided to lay stone tiles over the concrete instead of staining it to give it a new look. I was looking at my plans and realized this would be a perfect opportunity to extend my patio out another 5ft so it...

Poured Concrete Steps on Concrete Patio [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I recently had a large portion of my driveway torn out/replaced, a 12 x 18 patio poured, and 3 half moons steps poured, all of 6 bag mix concrete. The flatwork looks great, virtually flawless. The steps, on the other hand, don't. After removing the forms/frame for the three...

Depth of pvc sewer pipe under concrete floor [ 3 Answers ]

I have to reconnect an ground floor existing toilet to a new SVP pipe, which means that I have to cut a trench in the original concrete floor in a 1935 house. How deep will I need to put the pipe below the concrete? Will I need to re-enforce the concrete when I fill the trench back in? I am sorry I...

Concrete patio [ 2 Answers ]

We recently had a concrete patio laid down. The patio abuts the back of the house but no expansion joint was installed against foundation of the house. The contractor said these were not needed since expansion joints were installed in several ares of the patio. Is expansion joint necessary...

Concrete Patio [ 2 Answers ]

Hello All, I just found this forum and I see some good answers to good questions. I am hoping someone can help me with my problem. I am looking to build a concrete patio and walkways. I have built my house using slab on grade with radiant heat. We compacted gravel, used vapor barrier, ...

View more questions Search