Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ag_099 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2008, 02:45 PM
    Kidney problems, Infection?
    Hello,
    I have noticed some symptoms that I don't think are normal. Well, my symptoms are pressure in my perineum area, sort of like a cramp, and I experience it when I urinate or when land from jumping.. It doesn't happen all the time but it does occur on occasion.. Also I have some spasms coming from my lower back region, specifically by my kidney area.. I don't know what's wrong and I don't think these symptoms are normal..
    COOKIE MONSTER Posts: 589, Reputation: 56

Apr 16, 2008, 02:56 PM
    You would know if it was kidney infection believe me I've had several I couldn't get out of bed,couldn't eat,sleep,smoke,go out nothing

With a kidney infection its constant pain on your sides it hurts when you urinate,breath,walk,run it doesn't come and go mine didn't anyway

Id go to the doctors and take a sample of urine with you or make sure you need to loo when you get their

Hope all goes well for you
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 16, 2008, 03:56 PM
    It may be a UTI (urinary tract infection) there are two kinds upper UTI (kidney) and lower UTI (bladder). Not everyone presents with the same symptoms. Your's to me sounds like a possible bladder infection.

Either way, you need to have a urinalysis done to rule out a kidney or bladder infection and get a proper diagnosis from your health care provider.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2008, 06:08 PM
    It doesn't sound like anything to me... if you have a bladder or kidney infection, you would most likely have persistent pain... Many times blood in your urine.

A urinalysis as J-9 said would be in order to quiet your concerns.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kidney problems from raw sewage? [ 2 Answers ]

As some of you know I have been having a hell of a time getting my landlord to repair the raw sewage flood underneath of my home, in the past few months I have been hospitalized 3 times due to kidney stones. I had 6 in just my left kidney on 11/20/07. Exactly 1 month prior to that, same thing but...

Can a kidney infection delay you period [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: I have kidney stones in the left kidney and on the right one is not fully develop ,can this cause my period to delay, I did a pregnancy test and it was negative and I am worried

Is this pain a kidney infection, my appendix or a side effect from Cipro [ 1 Answers ]

I get frequent kidney infections; at least 3 or 4 year and always on the same side: the right. I started Cipro this morning because of a UTI. I knew it was going to turn into a kidney infection if I didn't. Now I have a digging, throbbing pain on my left side. It almost feels like the kidney...

Kidney Infection - no insurance? What to do? [ 4 Answers ]

I have had about 3 kidney infections in the past 5 years... ive been hospitalized once for a severe case, and the other 2 where minor. I currently don't have any health insurance - I have am in pain again and I know its another kidney infection - I've been drinking water and cranberry juice a...

Kidney infection? [ 2 Answers ]

I have pain in my right side and sometimes it hurts towards the stomach and towards the back... I went to the doctors, and they said it could be kidney stones or a kidney infection, they gave me pills for it, and I just finished talking them and yet it still hurtss.. sometimes the pain is even in...

View more questions Search