Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mizz_YME Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2009, 06:17 PM
    Building Credit after a Co_Sign?
    Im 18 years old, and trying to build credit to move and find an apartment in another state. I need to be ready to move by june to attend college in the fall, Im thinking of asking my older cousin to co-sign for me. So my question is how long do I have to wait to build credit after he co-signs for me? or do I get credit soon after he co-signs? Im new to this so I dont know how things work after he co-signs the apartment for me. So please help me out! Thanks!
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2009, 12:20 PM

Cosigning for an apartment won't affect your credit. I have never heard of an apartment that reports to a credit agency.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Building Credit? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am looking to lease a car. I am not able to do it alone my credit is poor. I will need to get a parent to co-sign the lease. Will I be able to build my credit history by paying the lease on a co-signed lease?

Building Credit [ 20 Answers ]

HELLO! I have a credit score of 531... not bad credit just not that much. I have 2 credit cards with $300 limits on both and I own $50 on each, and I have a car loan that I owe $8,500 on. I want to get approved to buy a home but I can't get 100% financing due to low credit score. I have paid...

Building up bad credit? [ 7 Answers ]

I have got bad credit and I really don't know how out why? Im only 20 and have never had anything in my name. My mum says to get something to build it up but I get knocked back every time I try. How do you build up bad credit if they won't let you? I am a mother now and tried to get a mothercare...

Building Credit Using Credit Card [ 1 Answers ]

I recently signed up for, received, and have already begun using a new credit card in my own name and own account (my previous card was in my name but under my father's account). I have not yet received my first bill. The main reason that I got the card in the first place as opposed to just using...

Building Credit [ 13 Answers ]

I have bad credit, lol,. I have like a small credit card from a few years ago, I have 6 months renters and a 7000 thousand dollar tool credit... Im screwed, I got a score of under 450... Im trying to build my credit back up... I can't even get a credit card, anyone know how... how should I try to...

View more questions Search