Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cahow107543 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2009, 11:49 AM
    Credit card judgement
    A credit card was opened in my name by a family member. The credit card payments were not being made and a judgment was filed against me destroying my credit. Is there a way to transfer a judgment to the family members credit? What can I do with the credit report agencies to get this removed from my credit score. I have excellent credit except for this unfortunate issue which brought my credit score down severely. I tried getting a loan to pay off the debt but no one will give me a loan. I must figure out something to do because interest in accumulating monthly.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 11, 2009, 12:28 PM

Where you aware of the card? Where you aware of the suit? Did you go to the hearing?
    cahow107543 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2009, 10:40 AM
    Wasn't aware of the card. Was aware of the suit. There was no hearing. We replied to the initial summons and then were told to wait for response for a meeting with a mediator. Never receiving a meeting date. Next thing, a judgement appears on credit report.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 12, 2009, 02:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cahow107543 View Post
    Wasn't aware of the card. Was aware of the suit. There was no hearing. We replied to the intial summons and then were told to wait for response for a meeting with a mediator. Never receiving a meeting date. Next thing, a judgement appears on credit report.
    As soon as you found out about the judgement you should have filed a motion to vacate on the grounds that you were never given a trial date. You should be able to still do that. Then they will have to prove YOU were the one who opened the account. As soon as you found out about the account you should have opened a police report for identity theft.

But you should be able to fight this, even now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit Card Judgement [ 5 Answers ]

Hello. In 2004 I received a credit card from Chase Manhatten. Due to bad health and other problems, I lost my job and ended up being awarded $643 in Social Security disability benefits. By then I was so far behind in bills that I didn't know what to do. Yesterday, a deputy came to my door...

Credit card judgement [ 1 Answers ]

In a credit card judgement, can a bank account or brokerage account be frozen or seized?

A credit card judgement [ 2 Answers ]

A collection agency on behalf of a credit card company placed a judgement against me, however I never received any documentation about court date, time, place, etc. the only way I was made aware of this is because I received a "Notice Of Non-Suit & Dismissal document from the collection agency 6...

Credit Card Judgement.what to do? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a large debt to 2 credit card companies totaling approximately $28,000. I ran into financial difficulty with my business (I owned numerous rental properties and lost 3 of them to foreclosure). Bottom line is I have not made a payment on this debt in well over a year. The two...

View more questions Search