Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trouble3044 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2009, 08:46 PM
    Equifax score of 659
    I have a 659 with Equifax - what kind of credit card can I get with that score using Equifax only?
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2009, 09:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble3044 View Post
    I have a 659 with Equifax - what kind of credit card can I get with that score using Equifax only?
    Try a store credit card, like a department store. On most applications, there is a toll-free number; you can actually call and ask which Credit Reporting Bureau they use and what their score requirements are before you apply. You definitely don't want to make too many failed applications as that only lowers your score each time a they make a credit inquiry. Also check with the bank or credit union that has your accounts. They may offer cards with small limits to help members build (or rebuild) credit.

There's always the option of a "secured" card to help you build your score which can open doors to more options in the future.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chapter 13 removal from Equifax [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Friends: I have worked very hard to repair my credit. A chapter 13 filed in 2001 was recently removed after 7 years from Experience and TransUnion. Equifax refuses to remove and says it should be on my report for 10 years. It was dismissed. I believe the laws in 2001 only allowed 13's to be...

Equifax and experian [ 3 Answers ]

What credit card companies use equifax and experian for approval?

Companies that use equifax to determine credit [ 1 Answers ]

Which companies use Equifax?

View more questions Search