Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    k9keepr Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2009, 09:12 AM
    Can the credit card companies do anything to me?
    I am married and 56. I do not work. I have 2 credit cards in my name only that I can not pay as my husband has been unemployed for 1 1/2 yrs. He receives a military pension and right now has unemployment but I have no oncome. We own a home together that we are paying on and it has approx $30,000 equity in it. We also have a joint checking account that his military reitrement is direct deposited in to. Can the credit card companies do anything to me?
    Also my husband has a credit card in his name only that we can't pay right now. Can they take his military pay for it? Or his unemployment? WE have both tried to make arrangements with these card companies but they all say we don't offer enough so they will do nothing for us.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2009, 11:41 AM

They can go after your joint bank account and the equity in your home.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 19, 2009, 11:44 AM

Depending on where you live, they can go after any asset that you are listed as an owner of. Most states, however exempt a primary residence from unsecured debt.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ligitmate bad credit or credit card companies [ 2 Answers ]

I have a daughter who needs a computer for school, she has bad credit.who could she go threw to get one she is on a limited income. So she needs small payments. Is there a ligitmate company she could go threw. And not a rental center she can't afford that. Please help

Credit Card companies seizing a house [ 5 Answers ]

My friend and I were arguing as to whether c.c comps can seize your home for unpaid debts. Even if your house is worth more than the debt. My friend used an example of a home worth $300,000 and a cc debt of $4000. I think that because your mortgage is a secured loan by the bank the cc comp wouldn't...

View more questions Search