Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dave5002002 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2009, 10:43 AM
    Cosigned for a buddy
    I cosigned for a buddy a loan and he stopped paying and I paid this note off and the bank put the truck title in my name now can I report it stolin
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 15, 2009, 11:04 AM

If you .don't know where it is, yes. You understand your buddy could then be prosecuted for GTA
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 15, 2009, 02:16 PM

Normally no since he got custody of it legally. You can do a repo on it, or just get a key made and go get it.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 15, 2009, 04:56 PM

Chuck has a point. If you go to the police and explain the circumstances they might not go looking for the car. Though they may list it as stolen.

You may need to show that you have first contacted your "buddy" to turn the car over to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cosigned loan after bankruptcy in ontario canada [ 3 Answers ]

I declared bankruptcy in ontario canada jan 4 2006 in the bankruptcy a cosigned loan was included the cosigner was never notified of the default on this loan at this time last payment by myself on this loan was feb 27 2006 this loan has now been put into collections as of feb 5 2007 and the...

My mom is cosigned on my car and won't give it to me [ 3 Answers ]

I'm having an issue with getting my car back from my mom. She is a cosigner on the vehicle and has been paying the payments on the vehicle for I'd say the last 3 to 4 months because I was in rehab and have had trouble with employment. However, I am now employed and am willing to take over the...

Cosigned on a loan, now paying the price [ 2 Answers ]

I had a friend whom I just graduated from college with ask me to co-sign on a loan for some furniture. He had just accepted a good position, which he still has. I thought that since we knew each other well (thought!) and he had a good job he wouldn't have a problem paying back the loan. He...

Help! I cosigned for my father [ 2 Answers ]

First of all, I appreciate any advice you can give me. I cosigned for my father in 2001 for an unsecured personal loan for $11,000. He was paying and the balance was down to $8434.00 He lost his job and was unable to pay so he filed bankruptcy in 2003. The lender tried to contact me a few times...

View more questions Search