Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    praveen_yadu Posts: 5, Reputation: 0

Oct 1, 2007, 11:25 PM
    Prepaid insurance
    Where are adjust prepaid insurance in balance sheet show me this answer in details
    manik chand dey Posts: 63, Reputation: 2

Jun 23, 2008, 09:09 PM
    Prepaid insurance is treated like any other kind of prepaid expenses for the business, which the business has to pay normally in advance for a year ahead.Hence as the business has already paid the amount in advance and yet to receive any services from the insurance company, this amount is to be shown as an asset in the balance sheet of the business.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Prepaid insurance an asset? [ 8 Answers ]

According the GAAP (the 3 asset criteria), how can I justify that Prepaid insurance is an asset? (i.e. I know that costs are known and that it will provide future benefit for the company, but is this future benefit measurable)?

Prepaid Insurance [ 1 Answers ]

Hey, just wondering how I find Insurance expense & Prepaid insurance when when Jan 1st the balance is $600 and I Apr. 30 is $2,400. HELP please:(

Prepaid insurance [ 1 Answers ]

You buy 10,000 worth of insurance for 2 years on April 1 . I need to journalize these transactions on April 1st than on Dec. 31st. I need to make adjusting entries on accounts except cash listing T-accounts and doing the balance sheet first.

Prepaid insurance [ 2 Answers ]

I have a problem... I am renewing my company's insurance policy and I am paying 25% downpayment of the premium in Sept. and the rest in 10 monthly installments. When I pay down the 25% do I record this is prepaid insurance? Also, the 10 monthly installments should be recorded as insurance...

View more questions Search