Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HipHipHooray Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

May 30, 2007, 03:40 AM
    Trans and Saturated fats stay in the body forever?
    Hello everyone,

I've been doing googling for the past half hour but haven't yet provided myself with an answer to my question (or fear!)

I know that trans and saturated fats can't really be used by the body. Does this mean that once we consume them, that they never leave? Are we ever accumulating fat in our body we will never be able to burn off?

Thank you for your help!
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

May 30, 2007, 03:50 AM
    Is this something you've heard stated as fact, or just something you're worried about?

If you read this;

Re: Where does fat actually go when people lose weight ?

It's a pretty good explanation of what happens to fats in our body.

I can't find anything about it staying in your body forever though!
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

May 30, 2007, 04:18 AM
    I've never heard of this before. It's true that transfats aren't beneficial to the body in any way, but I don't think that means that it can't be burned for energy.

As for saturated fats, there is some controversy that it may well be essential to produce hormones and a deficiency in saturated fat may be harmful.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

He is still in my heart.and I think he may stay there forever. [ 5 Answers ]

I know that I should forget him, I know I should move on and get on with my life. I am confident girl and I know that sooner or later I will meet someone who I may fall in love with again..........but each time I see him and talk to him, I just dont want to do it, I cant..... Last night we had a...

Fats for health [ 1 Answers ]

Please inform me about ALL of the good fats... so I know what to buy to inprove my health Age 58 Sex Male

Face fats [ 2 Answers ]

I am not fat but I suffer from a lot of fats in my face and it would never go away, I have tried diets, am working out on regular basis and my body shape is not bad but when it comes to my face its killing me... I need to find some serious method beside surgery to make my face look smaller.. any...

Face Fats [ 2 Answers ]

I am 87 kg and 175 cm tall, am not chubby but I have a lot of fats I don't want around my waist and in my face, I need to lose like 5 kg but most important is how to los emy FACE FATS? There are no excersies for that, I have plenty of fats in my checks and chin, keep moving up and down when I...

View more questions Search