Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jntaylor Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2007, 05:35 PM
    Back child support
    My ex husband never paid child support for my son and I never had the funds to pursue it with an attorney. Can my son now sue his biological father for the back child support. My son is 35 and has never had a relationship with his father even though he lives in the same town. He never tried to visit him
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 28, 2007, 05:45 PM
    In all states Ihave dealt with on this, NO, but he can always confirm this with an attorney. ** I understand that 30 years ago there were not as many resourses to help you collect)
    1badchoice Posts: 227, Reputation: 45

Apr 28, 2007, 07:47 PM
    Any child support would actually be owed to you (the parent) not your son. Was a child support order ever made? If not... I think your out of luck. If there was an order you should be able to receive back support owed to you (the parent). Support is to care for the child not to go directly to the child.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Back child support [ 2 Answers ]

My exhusband failed to pay child support. Now my three children are all adults and out of the house and the money is just now starting to come in. Who should get this money? My children or me?

Back child support [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: I don't know how to go about suing my mother for past child support. I know u may think it is a bad idea for me as her child to do that to her, I am 19 years old and am a freshmen in college. I could've used the support money to help put me through instead, I work and go to school...

Back child support [ 2 Answers ]

I owe 2 1/2 years back child support had not work file for ssdi,just won case expecting lump sum can childsupport take lump sum if what % i.e. 1-100%

Back Child Support /taxes [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: hello i'm a mother of 4 children i have 3 from my 1st marriage all my childern r grown up my problem lies in child support i had to receive food stamps and helth benefits through ill state aid. They have received all there money back from my ex he still owes me 12,000.00 dollars he has...

View more questions Search