Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    threehhh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2009, 07:22 PM
    Cost to Stay Cool
    What is a reasonable price for replacing a compressor in a RUDD air conditioner--
    Compressor cost & Labor?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2009, 07:52 PM

Hi, threehhh!

Greetings and WELCOME to the site! I just moved your question that you had posted in Introductions to this forum topic area so that it will get the most exposure to those who are best able to answer it. Introductions is for people to introduce themselves and we try to not ask questions there.

It can be a little confusing when first learning how to use this site! Your question will get noticed much more in this forum topic area.

We would appreciate it if you would return to Introductions sometime to tell us a little about yourself though, if you would be willing to do that.

Thanks!
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jun 30, 2009, 12:09 AM
    If the compressor is out of warranty it is in many cases cheaper in the long run to replace the entire outside unit instead of just the compressor. Prices are impossible to give since there can be a spread of up to 30% locally from low to high and up to 45% on a national basis due to the cost of living in different areas.

Always get more than one estimate. Two is good and three is better. This way you will have a bit more knowledge or what the actual cost is in your area.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Average cost, fifo cost, lifo cost [ 1 Answers ]

In may they began with 67 tents @ $17 and purchases of: 104 tents @ $19 159 tents @ $21 36 tents @ $22 They sold 314 tents and may 31st ending inventory consists of 52 tents. The sales price of each tent was $49. Determine the cost of goods sold and ending inventory for the month of may...

Keeping upstairs cool more cost effective than not? [ 4 Answers ]

We have a 14 seer downstairs (d/s) unit and a 13 seer up stairs (u/s) unit on our house. The d/s is where we live as the u/s we only use for the game room and extra room as an office. So we "live" (no one sleeps upstairs) down stairs and therefore don't have to cool the u/s as much as the down. ...

Heat Pump Doesn't cool, even heats up whenon Cool Setting [ 4 Answers ]

About a 10 year old "YORK High Performance" heat pump... The heat pump was set to Cool for my summer AC and usually has been working well. At noon on a warm day it stopped The element inside-blower with the freon (sp?) would not get cool and for short times heat up blowing warm air in an...

Cost of end. Inv. And cost of goods sold under average cost [ 1 Answers ]

It's me again! I have another question to the same problem. In case someone else responds, I'll post the problem again. June 1 inv20051000 June 12 purch.30061800 June 23 purch. 50073500 June 30 inv. I need to compute the cost of the ending inventory and the cost of goods sold using the...

Cost and energy efficiency, keeping your cool vs letting things heat up. [ 8 Answers ]

My wife and I have a disagreement. We own a kennel for dogs which we have to keep it reasonably climate controlled for the comfort of the dogs. Now with that said let me describe the building the dogs are housed. A concrete block structure with the only insulation in the attic. The kennel does...

View more questions Search