Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jbod75 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2008, 08:40 AM
    Fiancée visa
    Does anybody know if you can marry your fiancé while he is still in prison and I'm in england?? Would I be eligible for a fiancée visa??
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2008, 02:06 PM
    I don't know for sure, I can tell you that to get visas in Canada and the US you have to show that you have sufficient income to support the fiancée until the fiancée can apply for permanent residence.

Since he's in prison his income is 0 so in North America the visa application would be rejected. Also even aside from his 0 income I don't know for sure but I assume that a felon (especially one still in prison) wouldn't even be allowed to be a sponsor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cheating on my fiancŽe [ 16 Answers ]

I'm having a big issue in my life. I got engaged at the beginning of 2006 with my fiancée who's been with me since 2004. I'm 28 and she is 23. Initially in 2006 when we got engaged things went great.. it was refreshing for our relationship…it jumpstarted exciting things.. a big upgrade from our...

Fianc?e gone off sex [ 7 Answers ]

I hope someone can help; I'm going out of my mind! I met a girl 4 years ago who was on the rebound from a relationship with the love of her life. After an off/on start we eventually got it together and after a year moved in together. After a couple of months I had some big pressures at works,...

My fiancŽe is not interested. [ 9 Answers ]

:confused: Good Morning, This is probably a question asked in this category many many times, I see other posts about it as well, but I would like to put out my case and maybe somebody could give me some ideas? ***My Fiancée doesn't want anything sexual or intimate to do with me*** I...

Fianc?e (K-1) visa [ 1 Answers ]

I have read that one of the requirements for a k-1 visa is that you must Have met your fiancée within the last two years. Is this to say that she has to come to the U.S. meet me, return to her home country and then come back to the U.S and marry? This makes no sense. Also, besides a passport,...

View more questions Search