Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kaylaluv Posts: 31, Reputation: 4

Oct 31, 2010, 01:07 PM
    Infected navel piercing
    Okay so I got my belly button done two months ago. When I play with it I can feel a lump underneath and I knew it was a puss pocket type thing so I was cleaning it and when I lifted it some puss started to come out and I saw a bloody puss bubble... ya gross. So I freaked out and idt it can be popped and now around the whole ring feels like it is swollen with puss.
    Nasty yes but I'm kind of freaking out and I love it and want to keep it. What should I do?
    ramona_ Posts: 222, Reputation: 47

Nov 1, 2010, 02:42 PM

The reason its infected in the first place is because you were playing with it, were you not told not to play with it with dirty hands?

First, try a hot compress. Use a clean cloth and thoroughly soak the compress with hot water. Place the compress on your infected belly button and hold is against the infected area until the cloth cools down. This helps to increase blood flow to the infected area and allows pus to drain.

Second, try soaking the infected area in salt water. Use a teaspoon of table or sea salt with about 250ml of . Soak cotton balls or clean cloth thoroughly and place on the infected area. You can also soak a cotton ball in the salt solution or your piercing aftercare solution and place it on your belly button over night with medical tape.

Hope this helps, good luck.

Nov 6, 2010, 08:06 PM
    Well when I say play with it I mean like moving it around with my fingers (clean) while cleaning it.
    But thank you I will try all of that! :)
    braleighb13 Posts: 25, Reputation: 4

Dec 29, 2010, 12:13 PM
    That my dear friend sounds like an abcess. Keep doing what ramona said and you should be fine. For the most part leave it the hell alone. Clean with antibacterial soap and some saline/sea salt soaks 2-3 times a day and you should be fine.

Jan 1, 2011, 10:26 PM
    Good news, it's back to normal :) thanks for all the help :)
    Gracee0110 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2012, 05:18 PM
    Omg this is happening to me its in the middle of the piercing where the bar goes through the skin on top and looks like a zit I'm scared its going to make a hole through the middle and it will fall out:O

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does the belly piercing necessarily need to look infected to be infected? [ 9 Answers ]

Does it? Mine doesn't hurt and people say it doesn't look infected at all. But I'm scared help

Navel piercing [ 1 Answers ]

Hey, I really want to get a navel piercing badly but my parents won't let me. I asked my mother why and told me the risks and I got kind of frightened. Could someone with experience help with the following questions? - I'm still schooling and I have sports a lot. I sweat a lot and will that...

Navel piercing. [ 1 Answers ]

I’m interested in piercing my navel. However I did once in December 2006 and by January 2007 my navel ring was basically coming out it self in other words it migrate out of the skin…….. I clean my navel twice a day like I was told when I had it but its been 2 full years now and I'm still...

What to do for infected navel piercing [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my name is jessica I have had a navel piercing for 4 months an now it is really red sore when the ring is in but when I take it out it does not seem to be painful any more what do I do?:confused: :confused:

Can you pierce your navel if the hole from a previous navel piercing won't grow up? [ 2 Answers ]

all right well, I got my navel pierced in the 8th grade, and it got ripped out during a cheerleading game. The hole completely grew up and I got it re-pierced. During the beginning of my 9th grade year I snagged my belly ring on a shirt and it ripped... badly, but it didn't rip out.. the skin was...

View more questions Search