Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tcokelly Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2007, 02:56 PM
    Underground wiring, electrical, cable, telephon
    We are replacing an underground electrical wire that shorted out which supplies power to our pool filter and pool house. In this same trench (18" deep and 175ft long) we would like to put a telephone and a cable line for TV and phone by the pool. Any problem putting these in the same trench?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2007, 03:50 PM
    No problem at all. For this length I would use at least two 1" conduits for the phone and TV.

Hardwire phone? Why not a cordless.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2007, 04:51 PM
    Hard wire phone will keep nosey neighbors at bay. And Extra Cat 5, you can have computer secure and fast. If it was me, I would also pull wires for Alarm, Future Alarm,
    Keypad and zones. Maybe pull extra wire for pool video, could run camera through modulator, mix with cable and or satellite and view pool from any TV. It will keep you from worrying about the kids.
    Outdoor motion as zone or chime , will notify house of activity at pool.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electrical entrance cable [ 7 Answers ]

We have been advised by our insurance co. to replace the electrical entrance cable... does anyone know exactly what that takes... what materials,etc... thanks..

Underground electrical wiring for spa [ 4 Answers ]

Hello - I've been reading the postings here and in other locations to help me ensure that I install underground electrical wiring for a spa in a safe and up-to-code manner. I have a few questions to confirm my understanding. I live in California. Thanks, in advance, for your responses. 1)...

Nec codes neededfor underground wiring to 120v landscape lights [ 1 Answers ]

I am cocerned about my land scape lights issue , I am using underground UF romex .the lights are 120 volt how deep does the wire need to be buried?

Direct Burial Electrical Cable [ 1 Answers ]

I am planning on running an underground electrical cable to my garage. I plan on placing a 100 apm panel in the garage and run from my house main electrical feed. What kind of wire do I need to do the job?

Underground wiring advice [ 12 Answers ]

Hello, I am currently in the middle of digging a trench from my house to my garage, in order to wire the garage. What I would like to know is this: I live in NYC, which frowns upon the use of PVC in electrical work (i.e. no Romex, PVC boxes, non-metallic conduit, etc.), so I'm assuming I cannot...

View more questions Search