Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eclctr Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2008, 02:38 PM
    Identify an artist's signature which is hard to read
    Hi all-

I am new to this site, but thrilled to find it. I am trying to identify an artist whose signature I can't read. The painting is an oil painting of the Battle of Trafalgar. I've tried several possibilities with no success. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Cathe
    Attached Images

Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2008, 10:03 PM

Hi, eclctr!

Do you know how old this painting is and the country of origin?

Also, if you could post a larger image of the whole painting here, that may help. Someone just might happen along who recognizes it.

Thanks!
    kminni01 Posts: 36, Reputation: 4

Sep 21, 2008, 10:18 PM

It looks like it says Cotricoli to me... but I could be wrong. Is it an older painting or new? Maybe take it to an art dealer or some place like that and ask them if they might know the artist or could at least give you an idea of who it might be. I hope you find out though. Good luck!

<3 kt
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2008, 01:10 PM
    I don't know the artist but this is most likely the surname Catricala.
    The slash you see is an accent mark above the last letter a.
    eclctr Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2008, 10:51 PM
    Thank you SO much! You guys are great!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 25, 2008, 12:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by eclctr View Post
    Thank you SO much! you guys are great!!
    Thanks, eclctr! Are you meaning that you have found and identified the name of the artist?

Thanks!
    mackythehacker Posts: 191, Reputation: 10

Oct 7, 2008, 10:34 AM

It looks like Eitricoli or citricoli to me lol
    tjmom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2010, 04:44 PM
    Hello, I have a painting from the same artist. My parents purchased it in Italy over 30 years ago and I would love to find out more about the artist. Have you found anything out? Please let me know.

Thanks, Shannon
    Breana_Hefner Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2012, 08:23 AM
    I have a question I have oil painting and I can't read the singnature it is a oil painting of a indian and the signature is written in the color of the back ground and we can't read the letters of the name do you know o a website or anything that can help me read it? Please let me know if you can help

Thanks,Breana
    Gford212 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2012, 09:43 PM
    Ofr.k
    Gford212 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2012, 09:51 PM
    The painting I believe was painted in the 1970's It looks like this oFr.K 74(year)
    Tim1Sher2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2012, 06:55 PM
    I am trying to establish this artist as well. This canvas oil painting was purchased in Italy 40 yeas ago. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Identify Avante Studios and/or Artist Signature - Oil Painting [ 8 Answers ]

This oil painting endorsed on the back as Avante Studios, Inc. is a mystery to me. From what I know, my parents acquired it in the 60s, and as you see, the subject matter definitely embodies the owl craze of the era. Can anyone help identify the studio, artist, or value? Any information is...

Does this girl like me? It's hard to read her. [ 42 Answers ]

So, I work with the girl in question. Not as often as I like, but when we do work together we have a blast. She laughs at everything that I say. Touches me multiple times by my elbow/forearm. She leans into me(sometimes). She's stopped by work the past two times when I was scheduled and she was...

Unable to read hard drive due to bad clusters [ 5 Answers ]

I have a data only drive (no OS) that has developed bad cluster section. Due to this, windows xp cannot see the drive although it is seen in BIOS. Due to this problem, I am unable to back the drive up to save my data, anyone know a way of getting at the data before I re-format the drive. Have...

External Hard Drive not being read ? [ 5 Answers ]

I've had it for about 9 months... and yesterday it decided to stop working... the external hard drive powers up but I can't hear the drive spinning... my laptop says that there is a Hard drive plugged in but when I go into my computer it doesn't show up :mad: I have most of the files backed up on...

Hard To Read [ 4 Answers ]

When I read I start getting headaches and become frustrated. My Mind goes Completely Blank. Then I get angry with myself. I know there Must Be Some Easier way to Deal With This Frustration.

View more questions Search