Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    martiboy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2009, 07:56 PM
    Pitting Edema
    I keep having pitting edema in my shins and now it also started to be in my ankles. Is there a natural remedy to get rid ogf the exess fluid in my body?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 17, 2009, 12:23 AM

There are many underlying causes of edema, and especially pitting edema, with no natural remedy to take care of it, it is a serious medical issue. Some factors could be kidney malfunction, liver disease, congestive heart disease. Are you a diabetic, or have you ever been an alcoholic. Have you been diagnosed with hepatitis?

ms. tickle
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 17, 2009, 02:58 AM
    There are many remedies to rid your body of pitting edema. However, it would behoove us to tell you what the remedies are without knowing the underlying cause.

It could be a serious medical condition,yet it could be completely benign. You need to discuss this with you primary care physician.

Please understand that we cannot recommend ANYTHING without knowing your complete medical history, doing lab work, etc.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

May 18, 2009, 05:32 AM

J_9 is right you can rid your body of anything but you need to find the root cause first.

Some things you can do is cut down on salt and prepacked foods that contain lots of salt.
    Eat apples, rice, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar and things like that.
    Also rub your shins with mustard oil.

But you still need to consult a doctor and find the root of the problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Concrete Driveway Pitting-What is causing this? [ 10 Answers ]

Greetings- This concrete pitting and surface lifting has just occurred over the last week, we have been living in this new house since last June and the driveway was poured late during the prevoius summer. Basically, this driveway has seen it's second winter and I'm not impressed. I bought this...

Concrete Driveway Pitting [ 17 Answers ]

I have a similar question to StaceyH on Feb. 15th, 2008. My driveway was poured on the 1st of Nov. 2008. There was a warm spell of weather for almost 1 week. However, it then turned very cold and wet for the rest of Nov. and Dec. I just moved in the house Feb. 21st. As I was cleaning up items...

Cancer and edema [ 1 Answers ]

A friend just had a huge tumor removed and has a colostomy bag. Several small tumors were left in, figuring chemo would take care of them. She is now experiencing terrible edema in her legs, feet and abdomen. What is causing this and how should it be properly treated? Does it have anything to...

View more questions Search