Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    olderhomeowner Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2007, 11:02 AM
    Any problems using digital thermostat
    I bought an older home that has an old Sigler 100,000 BTU, forced-air propane furnace. It has a standing pilot but does have a metal flue to vent it so I'm not sure if it's a natural draft or an 80+, I'd suspect it's natural draft. (We primarily heat with wood, but the furnace has worked well when we've run it.) Given how epensive propane is in our region, I'm considering replacing the old Camstat thermostat (model T18H200) with a programmable, digital thermostat. I'm not sure whether the Camstat thermostat is a furnace fan limit control, again the numbers that show on the face of the thermostat, once you remove the front cover is T18H200. If this is a fan limit control model, are there programmable thermostats that I can purchase and install? TIA
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2007, 01:12 PM
    They work well, inexpensive, Relatively easy to install. Write down colors or take picture
    Before dissassembly. Digital readout makes it easy to precicely adjust.
    If it is only wires at thermostat(no thermocouple or anything), it should work fine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Converting Thermostat Old to Digital [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to convert an old thermostat to a new one? 7 whire harness with colors, Orange (O), Yellow (Y), Black (X2), White (W or U), Red (R), Brown (T), Green (G). New has S1, S2, RC, R, O/B, Y, G, C

Honeywell digital thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

Blinking house with #2 inside this picture, what does this represent/mean?

Replace T87F thermostat with digital thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

My T87F has two wires Red and White. No code indicating how to connect to the new digital on.

Digital Thermostat Install [ 3 Answers ]

I'm installing a digital thermostat replacing and old non programmable one. I have 4 wires (red, yellow, green and white) that need to be attached to the new unit but I don't see where the common wire comes from per the new wiring instructions. What am I missing? Replacing Honeywell with Robert...

View more questions Search