Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smcindoe Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2007, 08:57 AM
    Janitrol 7 wires to Hunter 44550
    Hello,

I studies everything from manual and website.. but I couldn't find specific information I need before I replace the thermostat.
    Ok, what I have is Goodman A42-15 with Janitrol 7 wires thermostat, which labeled below:

Y, G, R, O, W2, E, C

And for Hunter 44550 labeled:

W, RH, RC, G, Y/Y1, O/B

So to match the wires between the two (J represent Janitrol, H represent Hunter)

J H
    Y -> Y/Y1
    G -> G
    R - > RH
    O -> O/B
    W2 -> W?
    E ->?
    C ->?

So the only thing is missing are the "E" and "C" on Hunter Thermostat. Is E represent "Emergency" System? Or is it multi stage heat pump? Since I know this Hunter 44500 only design for single stage heatpump, but I'm not sure the heat pump that I have here is single or multi stage type? Also for "C", is it "Common" wire or not? Or you think I brought wrong type of digital thermostat?

Any help greatly appreaciated!
    Scott
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2007, 09:47 AM
    What wires were hooked to where on the old thermostat?

Jun 24, 2007, 09:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacservicetech_07
    What wires were hooked to where on the old thermostat?
    Oh.. sorry about that, the colored wires on old thermostat are:

Label -> Color wire

Y -> Yellow
    G -> Green
    R -> Red
    O -> Orange
    W2 -> White
    E -> Black
    C -> Blue

Thanks for respond,
    Scott
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2007, 10:03 AM
    Are you sure the hunter is a heat pump stat, and not just a 2 stage air conditioning?
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2007, 10:05 AM
    I looked it up, that's not a heat pump stat, you will need to purchase a heat pump stat.

Jun 24, 2007, 10:12 AM
    I looked it up, that's not a heat pump stat, you will need to purchase a heat pump stat.
    That is what I thought, So, the Goodman Model A42-15 Heat pump is single stage or multi stage? Or ? And what is the differences when you use the words "Heat pump stat"

I want to learn!
    Thanks again!
    Scott

Jun 24, 2007, 10:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smcindoe
    That is what I thought, So, the Goodman Model A42-15 Heat pump is single stage or multi stage? or ? and what is the differences when you use the words "Heat pump stat"

I want to learn!!
    Thanks again!
    Scott
    Also, what thermostat do you recommend? I can't remember the brand name from old house I brought long time ago that have humidity level indicator, so I have been looking for this type of thermostat that show humidity level.. but had a hard time finding it.

Scott
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2007, 02:19 PM
    It looks like it's just single stage, There are many thermostats on the market, you are looking for a single stage heat pump thermostat, it should be clearly labeled on the box. Honeywell and white-rogers both make pretty good thermostats. It just depends on how much you are willing to spend.

Jun 24, 2007, 02:32 PM
    It looks like it's just single stage, There are many thermostats on the market, you are looking for a single stage heat pump thermostat, it should be clearly labeled on the box. Honeywell and white-rogers both make pretty good thermostats. It just depends on how much you are willing to spend.
    Thanks for all the help. I found Ritetemp model 8085c cover pretty much for everything I need. Including the humidity indicater (and control), along with 7 days program touch screen. Pretty nifty!

Thanks again,
    Scott McIndoe
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jun 24, 2007, 03:30 PM
    One stage for electric heat and the other stage for heat pump. You will need a 2 stage heat
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2007, 05:04 PM
    That would be a heat pump thermostat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3 wires + 2 wires  POOL MOTOR [ 2 Answers ]

I need help connecting a motor for my pool. The motor has 3 wires coming out of it. 1 white, 1 black, 1 black with a white stripe. A continuity test on the 2 blacks says they are wired together somewhere. I have a power cable coming out of the ground. 1 white + 1 black cables inside. ...

Thermostat Wires - Only 2 Wires (both black) [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there, I'm switching my thermostat for a newer digital one, though when I took out the old thermostat, there were only 2 black wires with white stripes on them. The new thermostat calls for an RH wire and a W wire, but I have no way of distinguishing the two apart. How can I tell which wire...

Hampton Bay remote wires do not match fan wires [ 1 Answers ]

Yesterday I installed a new Hunter ceiling fan. I also purchased a Hampton Bay wireless wall switch. Everything went well until I wired up the remote receiver. The receiver has a blue wire for the light that is supposed to connect to the blue wire (light) from the fan. The Hunter fan does not have...

View more questions Search