Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    basement hopeful Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2006, 08:27 AM
    Basement plumbing rough-in
    I am intending on finishing my basement and using the existing plumbing rough-ins to put in a bathroom. I am having a little trouble making sense of the rough-in layout - see the attached drawing. I understand the stub through the floor is for the toilet and I believe the box out contains the drain line for a tub. Then I have 2 pipes in an 'h' shape which I assume are the drain line & vent for the sink. The overlapping placement of the sink & tub rough-in seems odd to me, nevertheless it is my intent to only have a toilet & sink, no tub or shower. Which part of the 'h' should I plan on tapping the sink drain into? Do I need to fill in the box out with anything if my sink vanity covers it up?
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf basement plumbing rough-in.pdf (13.6 KB, 498 views)
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 23, 2006, 07:58 AM
    Are you planing on a installing a tub. Without being there to check it looks like the left hand raiser is the vent for the tub and the right hand one could be a raiser that you could cut a tee into and stub out for a lavatory. Both pipes appear to be vents. Of course all this goes out the window if the pipe coming down from upstairs is the drain line for something. Have a great thanksgiving day, Tom
    basement hopeful Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2006, 07:28 AM
    Thanks for the response. I believe you are right, that the line going upstairs is probably the vent for the tub as I think I have accounted for the other drains in the house. It appears that I should be able to stub a sink drain into the one on the right. It just seemed an unusual rough-in layout to have the tub sandwiched between the sink and the toilet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Basement Plumbing Rough-In questions [ 1 Answers ]

Our builder's plumber put in our plumbing rough-in in the basement. Our house is 7 months old. The layout and What I can see is as follows: 2" PVC shower drain stub is 20 3/4 inch from the concrete wall. According the the builder the layout calls for a tub positioned longways along this wall....

Plumbing in basement without rough ins? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, We are looking at purchasing a home that has great basement space, however, the house was built without rough ins in the basement. To finish the basement and add bathroom, sink, and wetbar, what will we need to do to ensure the plumbing can be accomplished? Your answers are...

Rough in Basement Plumbing Question [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I had my basement roughed in for a shower, toilet and sink. The pipe for the toilet sticks out of the concrete and is 12" from finished wall. There is a 2" PVC pipe behind the toilet that will be located within my framework. I am guessing this is the vent for the toilet and also a wet...

View more questions Search