Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vinniemai7805 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2010, 01:09 PM
    Itin for first time home buyer credit
    Hello! First, I want to thank you for your help.
    I have ITIN and would like to purchase a home and pay with cash. Never own a home.
    Do I qualify for 8K, first time home buyer.

Thanks
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Apr 26, 2010, 02:23 PM
    Yes, as long as you are filing as a resident alien, filing Form 1040 with Form 5405 to claim the credit.

If you are filing as a non-resident or dual-status alien, you are NOT eligible for the $8,000 First Time Home Buyer's Credit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

First Time Home Buyer Tax Credit [ 13 Answers ]

Hi I have claimed home loan interest in my 2008 tax returns for a home in India not in USA. Now I am planing to buy a home in USA . I never owned a home in USA . Now my question is Am I Qualify for 'First Time Home Buyer Tax Credit' and FHA Loan. My accountant says that , I am qualify...

First time home buyer tax credit [ 3 Answers ]

My mother passed away, leaving her estate (including her house) to me and my three brothers (I am the executor). She had no debt. Can one of my three brothers buy the house from the estate and get the first time home buyer tax credit? He meets all of the other criteria.

First time home buyer credit? [ 2 Answers ]

I wanted to post this question because I have been trying to research it on other sites and thought someone could help me well I need to know is the first time home buyers credit apart from your regular return?is it money that they send you or just a credit to your gross income?

First-Time Home Buyer Tax Credit [ 5 Answers ]

I was wanting to get opinions on the First-Time Home Buyer Tax Credit. I've looked over the website and it looks to be just a loan from the government. I was wondering if any one has heard more about this. Like, do you think there would be long term problems from taking this or is it a good...

View more questions Search