Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CulbertsonRM Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2006, 04:58 PM
    Coolant Temperature Sensor
    I need to replace the coolant temperature sensor on a 2001 Ford Explorer Sport, 6 cyl, 2WD. Can anyone tell me where on the engine to look to find this component?
    Randy
    johnny_crx Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2007, 10:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by CulbertsonRM
    I need to replace the coolant temperature sensor on a 2001 Ford Explorer Sport, 6 cyl, 2WD. Can anyone tell me where on the engine to look to find this component?
    Randy
    Its probably not the same but its worth as shot on my 91 honda crx its under there disributor don't know if it's there on yours sorry...
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2007, 01:49 PM
    Likely on the thermostat housing--look for a 2-P connector.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

MAP sensor;Mass Airflow sensor;Volume Air sensor-All Same? [ 8 Answers ]

97 Nissan Pickup - 160,000 miles - KA24E engine -Check engine Soon Light Code reader says volume air sensor. Is this the same as a mass airflow sensor or the MAP sensor? Where is this sensor located, in the throttle body injection? Just threw a new O2 (Bosch)sensor on it, I lost that bet.. it...

91 Honda Civic losing coolant [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 91 honda civic, 1.5 L and 149K miles on it. Last week I just noticied a high engine temperature and so I stopped and check the coolant and it was empty and so do the radiator. I immediately bought a 50/50 coolant and filled the radiator and filled the coolant tank between max...

How to improve duct temperature sensor [ 1 Answers ]

Recently I encounter a very high failure rate in our aircraft's aircon duct sensor. It may be due to high humility and the aircon package's water separator was unable to extract the water. Modification of aircon pack is not a option. So that leaves the improvement of the temperature sensor. Does...

Sensor light [ 5 Answers ]

I have an '87 nissan sentra and the sensor light is on , what should I do? The car is also idled too high how do I fix that and it also burns a lot of gas?

View more questions Search