Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lincolnsvhw Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2009, 05:32 AM
    Laptop Mouse
    I have an Adent Laptop 6552 the mouse/pointer is mad!! It double clicks which I need to disable and also if you hover your pointer over something it auto opens after a few seconds PLEASE help me Thanks in advance to all:confused::confused:
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2009, 08:13 AM

See if this applies

Go to control panel click on mouse icon and look for open new page or link when mouse hovers over top it. And make sure the box is unchecked.

May 17, 2009, 09:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by seahwk83 View Post
    see if this applies

Go to control panel click on mouse icon and look for open new page or link when mouse hovers over top it. and make sure the box is unchecked.
    I don't have that option unfortunately on the 6552, I have clicked on mouse options and have nothing obvious that ammends anything
    Thanks
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2009, 12:20 PM

Any other type of mouse settings you can check out?

Could be issue with touchpad itself. Try and external mouse and disable touchpad - should work, but that would indicate that it would be the touchpad itself or a setting within mouse software or properties - especially if this just recently started happening

Hopefully others may have an idea to try

May 18, 2009, 12:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by seahwk83 View Post
    any other type of mouse settings you can check out?

could be issue with touchpad itself. Try and external mouse and disable touchpad - should work, but that would indicate that it would be the touchpad itself or a setting within mouse software or properties - especially if this just recently started happening

Hopefully others may have an idea to try
    Hi I can disable touchpad no problem it's the tapping I want to stop

Thanks anyway
    Lightning55 Posts: 97, Reputation: 7

May 24, 2009, 08:39 AM

What "tapping"?

The double clicking? Try to have only one finger on the touchpad at a time and slide it around to move the touchpad without lifting it. Maybe lower the sensitivity of your touchpad. I'm sure seahwk's idea works fine too.

May 25, 2009, 12:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning55 View Post
    What "tapping"?

The double clicking? Try to have only one finger on the touchpad at a time and slide it around to move the touchpad without lifting it. Maybe lower the sensitivity of your touchpad. I'm sure seahwk's idea works fine too.
    Thanks for your help it would appear very sensitive noting in instructions of how to lower sensitivity I have made the mouse itself less sensitive but literally you just touch the mousepad and it opens something

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laptop mouse pad isn't working [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I really need help. I have the AcerOne laptop, and I've had it since last christmas and everything's been fine up until this morning when I turned it on and found the mouse isn't working at all! I would try to re-install anything but it doesn't click on anything at all to do that! Im using the...

Laptop mouse not working [ 3 Answers ]

My laptop mouse is somehow locked and I can not click on anything what should I do

Mouse click won't work on laptop [ 3 Answers ]

I have an ASUS laptop that's driving me crazy! For some reason, it won't respond to the mouse click. For example, if I want to get on the Internet, I can get the Google screen to load up, I put in the topic that I want to serach, click search, and absolutely nothing happens, it's as if the...

My mouse is locked on my laptop, how do I fix it? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm trying to work my laptop, I'm turning it on and entering my password but the mouse on the laptop itself won't work. Is there anything I can do to fix it?:( :( :( :( :(

Disabling mouse of laptop [ 2 Answers ]

How can I disable the function of the mouse of my laptop. I only want to use an external mouse?

View more questions Search