Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2006, 06:24 AM
    Strange Cat
    My mums cat does strange things. She is a happily normal and healthy cat BUT she never poops in her litter NEVER,always in the spare bathroom where her litter is but never in it, always besides it or by the door. This is so bizarre. She is 4 yrs old and has been doing so shortly after my mum got her home. Can anyone understand this :confused: it puzzles us... :rolleyes:
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 30, 2006, 06:27 AM
    What do you mean shortly after mum got her (the cat) home?

Cats will do weird stuff after a move. Mum's got to nip it in the bud right away. Watch the cat close, set it in the litter box several times a day... and maybe even try some "stay away" spray that the sell at pet stores... stuff she can spray on the carpet that cat's hate... to keep her away from that spot.
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2006, 06:35 AM
    Yes - I mean as soon as mum first got the cat she used the litter to poop in it a few times then that was it, she used to floor instead. Now its been 4 yrs. Luckily not anywhere round the house but in the spare bathroom where the litter is.

Mum has tried a lot of things to stop the cat from pooping on d floor including the spray, such as putting pepper on the floor where she bound to poop, but that never worked, she cleans her litter once or twice a day so its always clean.

"Mum's got to nip it in the bud right away" - you quoted that, but sorry I didn't understand what you mean!
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2006, 06:47 AM
    HI,
    Tried White Distilled Vinegar?
    When you find where she has pooped, clean it up, then apply the vinegar, let it sit for a couple of mintues, then clean it up.
    Might work.
    Best of luck.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 30, 2006, 06:50 AM
    Oh. A habit that old will be hard to break, that's for sure.
    "Nipping at the bud" is a phrase meaning to stop something from going further.

Do you have a spare bathroom by chance... or a room in the basement? If it were me (hope this does not sound cruel) I'd put the cat in a room with food and the cat box and leave it there for a day... and maybe even more. Again, watch it close and actually put the cat in the catbox several times a day to try to get her to poop in it.

... just the angle I'd go with it if it were my rascally cat.
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2006, 06:51 AM
    Thanks guys will try tonight :)
    Japonica42 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2007, 01:33 AM
    Hi,

It sounds to me like your Mum's cat doesn't like the litter in the tray. As we all know cats are bery fussy and fickle characters :) I suggest trying different litters until you find one it likes.

As an example: I bought a kitten back from a rescue centre along with a HUGE bag of litter that he'd been used to - within 2 days he'd found the litter tray of my other cat (filled with different stuff) and from then on refuse to use his own :rolleyes:

HTH
    Jenny
    Jessyfay Posts: 164, Reputation: 4

Apr 18, 2007, 02:19 PM
    Have you changed litter on her, sometimes cats can be picky on there litter, one of my cats will not go on scented litter, and how often is the litter box clean, one of my cats which is a rescue will not go in litter if it has been used. The cat probably sees that you promptly clean up it's poo when it goes on the floor but don't when it is in the litter.
    You might want to try moving the litter somewhere else in the home and see if she continues. If it still happans I would seek vet advice and a softer litter, like newspaper brand or wood chips,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why does she think I'm strange [ 14 Answers ]

We were going away for the day to a pool party. I asked my girlfriend if it was OK if I put my car in her garage. She was looking at me like why would you do that... so I explained its going to be 90 plus and I thought it would be a good idea to keep it out of the baking sun. Later at the end of...

Very strange bleeding [ 1 Answers ]

Im 16 years old and I just started taking birthcontrol pills a month ago. I started the first day of my period and for the whole month I took it I never stopped bleeding.. my period usually lasts for about a week no more but ever since I started using them I didn't stop bleeding. I finally gave up...

J1 strange refund? [ 6 Answers ]

I was a exchange visitors-internship-with J1. I filed the form 1040NR EZ.My income for one year was about 12300. :( And by the form I supposed to receive refund about 260, but colegues received about 800?? What did I do wrong?? I thought that as J1 internship I shouldn't pay too much taxes?? ...

Am I Strange? [ 12 Answers ]

hi I am a male and I am going to be 15 in April.During the last few weeks/months I have been masterbating every 2 or 3 days but I have never actually "cummed". I like girls and everything and get an erection often- at school in front of this girl I have just started going out with and at other...

Strange object... [ 4 Answers ]

I'm a 17 year old male and I was recently diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis. A feew weeks ago I noticed something near my anus... well actually right at the end of my tail bone. It's a round lump and its very hard. I can even move it around, like its just there under my skin attached to nothing....

View more questions Search