Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SavitarXIII Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2010, 04:48 AM
    Molar teeth removed and pain is terrible, HELP!
    Hey, I know I'm probably going to sound like a baby but I'm a 25 year old guy in England and four days ago (it is Friday now and this started on Tuesday) I had my 2nd and 1st lower right molars removed as well as having a filling fitted in my lower right wisdom tooth.

So that day (Tuesday) the bleeding didn't stop all day, I let it bleed for almost 12 hours before I finally rang emergency advice line for... well... advice!. anyway, when they found out how long I had been bleeding for, they sent a paramedic to my house to check on me, he ended up blue lighting e all the way to hospital because of the amount of blood I lost...

When I got to hospital, ironically the bleeding had finally stopped and all the doctor did was have me bite down on a gauze for 30 minutes to make sue it definitely had, then he sent me home.

It has not bled since, BUT the pain is excruciating, My painkillers (Nurofen) do work for about 3 hours, but then the pain starts coming back. The pain IS NOT getting worse, but its not fading either.

At the actual operation, it was very difficult for my dentist to remove the lower second molar, she said judging by how difficult it was to remove, it is likely there is an infection. So She gave me a prescription for amoxcillin (can't spell!)

She forgot however to put the strength on there so the pharmacist only gave me 250mg strength instead of 500mg.

I'm terrified to ring the dentist in case she says I have dry socket which I found out about online. If that's the case I know I'll have to go back to Dentist and let her fiddle with it some more. I know I'm a coward but there is NO WAY IN HELL I could let her anywhere near my mouth so soon after Tuesday, specially whilst the pain is still so intense.

Some people are telling me its just the infection which will eventually fade, some people are telling me that the pain should lessen after day 2. but none of these are professionals and are not really in a place to give an educated opinion.

So, what I want to know is...

Is this normal?

Is it normal that I'm still feeling intense pain?

It's not completely unbearable, I have a relatively high pain threshold. And every four hours I keep taking pain meds and putting the hot water bottle against my face, after every meal (cup of soups or mushed up ham sandwiches) I wash my mouth out with salt and warm water (by wash out, I mean pouring it into my mouth and leaving it in for as long as possible before letting it run out into the sink.)

I'm stressed out and worried sick because I really don't know if this pain is normal and will eventually get better (remember, we are on day 4) or whether something is wrong with me.

Please just help me, I almost want you to just lie to me and tell me it is all okay just to make me feel better, but I guess I need the cold had truth because this pain hurts like hell and I can only bear it if I know it will get better...
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2010, 07:38 AM
    It sounds like dry socket to me. You are going to have to bite the bullet and get back to the dentist. Sorry.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Depression , tired and very down after wisdom teeth removed [ 1 Answers ]

HI , I am from colombia , and I find it hard to write in English so I apologize .me three wisdom teeth removed over one year and symptoms began around a month later, which were lack of encouragement, tired, agotadoy without power, could neither stand up out of bed. I've gone to many doctors,...

Wisdom Teeth recently removed - questions [ 7 Answers ]

One week ago I had three wisdom teeth removed (I apparently didn't grow a fourth one). Two lowers, one upper. One lower was partially impacted, both lowers were partially erupted (I think that's the term for partially exposed). The upper was fully exposed and not impacted. For reference I'm 47...

Wisdom teeth removed [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I had 2 wisdom teeth removed today (10am) 1 of them was impacted and I have a sticth there now! I was wanting to know if it was normal for it to still be bleeding? Its very very painful and swollen I have taken 2 codine and that seems to of help the pain and also there is a funny taste and odour...

Molar #19 just removed [ 5 Answers ]

As the subject of this post say I just had my molar removed and I'm really paranoid about any health related things. I just want to know what are the best things to do to avoid and infection or a dry socket please your help will be greatly appreciated.

I got all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed. [ 6 Answers ]

K I just got all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed 5 days ago and I'm still in pain and I'm still swollen. 1 of my stitches fell out today and I'm wondering if that's normal. I'm like totally freaking out. Am I allowed to smoke? I have been and I'm very worried if I'm going to get an infection. Can...

View more questions Search