Ask
    mfb714 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2007, 05:34 PM
    Alienation of affection
    Can one sue someone for alienation of affection
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2007, 06:11 PM
    In Illinois, Indiana, North Carolina and possibly one or two more.
    I can't imagine the complexity of enforcing that on everybody guilty of it!:confused:
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 1, 2007, 06:34 PM
    Yes, it can be done, but it's not easy.
    K_2 Posts: 92, Reputation: 5

Nov 1, 2007, 07:13 PM
    Google Sandra Valentine and Jerry Fitch, Sr.

Only a few states in the United States still allow alienation of affection lawsuits.

These states, as of 7/2007, are: Hawaii, Illinois, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, South Dakota, and Utah.
    According to Alienation of Affection State Laws

North Carolina Divorce Law - the NC divorce law site

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Parent alienation- Help! My son says he is afraid of me. [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 14 year old son who refuses to spend any time alone with me, he says he is afraid of me even though I have never hurt him. His father has petitioned for sole custody and my son wants him to get that. I am a good mother, imperfect perhaps and human, but how can a child that I carried,...

Parental Alienation [ 5 Answers ]

In January 2006, I was forced to leave my home after enduring years of verbal and emotional abuse from my wife, who I am convinced is a psychopath. I always had a very close relationship with my 3 children (Girl-16, Boy-15, Girl 12). I had to move in with my Mom and did not have a suitable home for...

Cat affection [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1 year old spayed female cat. In the past month, it seems like she only wants to be around my boyfriend? She will lay with him in bed, on the couch, or even on the floor. She has no interest in me anymore and will not even lay on the bed with me! Can anyone please tell me why? Am I...

Cat affection or ? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a one year old female Calico Cat. It has been Spayed. It has the habit when curling up beside me of rubbing its nose and cheeks against my hand and ever so gently nibbling my hand every so often. This is not a bite. Very little pressure is exerted by the cat.

Parental alienation [ 6 Answers ]

Help... my husband has not seen his son only 3 times this year due to mother's excuses for not providing transportation to our meeting place. She lives about 1 hour away and we agreed to meet when she left the county 2 years ago. She now has every reason in the world to not meet

View more questions Search