Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Inventor93 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2007, 12:53 PM
    Toilet rock
    I'm installing a new toilet onto a tiled floor. The base rocks slightly from side to side when centered over the closet flange. While I hoped that the tile would be perfectly flat, there is still about 1/16 to 3/32 inch gap on the one side. Obviously, I don't want to crank down on the bolts. Can I shim this out? The tile is 12 x 12 inch on a concrete floor.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 9, 2007, 01:53 PM
    Most new toilets come with plastic shims. If you done have any just buy some. Shim the toilet all around and then get a good bead of silicone caulk between the toilet and the tile. You can't allow any rocking at all. Since it sounds like you already mounted the toilet and it rocked, you should get another wax seal.
    Inventor93 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2007, 02:52 PM
    Luckily, it was not installed yet. I thought I'd dry fit it while in between coats of paint on the walls, so I've got some time. I just checked the box again and there were no shims, but I'll pick some up on my next trip to HD. Thanks for the help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kid rock [ 2 Answers ]

I heard that Kid Rock has a well known father, but I didn't catch the name. Does anyone know anything about this?

Falling rock [ 4 Answers ]

Hello every body I have this one question that I can't seem to solve. I know the answer is 52m but I can't seem to derive this answer even after trying different method and formula. Can some one help me answer it. Thank so much. It need to be solve through kinematic formula. A rock is dropped...

Hit a rock [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Sears Craftsman 2.0 mower. I hit a rock and now the mower is making noise. It still operates, still cuts, but the pullstart wire vibrates like crazy and it sounds like something is striking underneath. The blade looks okay and I don't see any apparent damage underneath. Any ideas?

Anybody Who Knows 80's Rock Please Help Me [ 2 Answers ]

hey! omg I have been busting my brains over this ONE song and I've tried looking EVERYWHERE over Google and I can't seem to find it, I know it's an old song. Probably from the 80s because that's what it sounds like, anyway I heard it in a shopping mall last year and then again in some random...

Punk rock [ 1 Answers ]

I'm burning a cd for Christmas but I can't seem to find songs that are punk rock. I need a list of songs that are punk/rock so I can download. If you know any please reply. Thanks. :)

View more questions Search