Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    down2earth Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2007, 02:40 PM
    Stress, pregnant, or other?
    I have been extremely stressed lately and I do know my body reacts very strangely to stress. However, I am concerned that I may be pregnant. I am on OrthoCyclen as a contraceptive and have been for almost 10 years, but my last cycle (the days of the white pills) I had a very low flow as compared to normal (possibly could have been considered only spotting for me). My husband purchased an EPT and it was negative after 4 days of "spotting." However, now 3 weeks later, I am experiencing fairly sore nipples and my breasts seem to be fuller. I start my next cycle this coming weekend. Could this be because I gained 10 pounds during the holidays along with stress? Or could it be that we are unexpectedly about to have our first child? Any input would be greatly appreciated as I am not anxious to spend more money for a doctor unless I know.
    pluckyflamingo Posts: 220, Reputation: 17

Jan 2, 2007, 02:45 PM
    I am on that pill as well for the past year or so. I am a highly stressed out person and those are symptoms I always have. I thought for the longest time that my chest was growing but it was just hormones. And OrthoCyclen somewhat regulates your cycle. Mine still changes every time. Or you could just ask your doctor. Pregnancy test usually work after 2 weeks of concieving so just continue to try until you know your positive
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 2, 2007, 05:14 PM
    Consider this, you have been on Ortho for almost 10 years, it may not be working for you any longer, and you may need a change in birth control. If this is the case, you could be pregnant as your body has adjusted to this particular level or hormone.

You should try another HPT and be sure to use first morning urine, as that is when the concentration to HCG (pregnancy hormone) is at its highest concentration. If this comes out positive you need to schedule a prenatal visit with your doctor. On the otherhand, if it comes out negative, you should schedule an appointment with your doctor to see if your pill needs to be changed, or possibly get a blood test for pregnancy done.

I understand the need to save money and not go to the doctor unless it is necessary, however, I believe that either case warrants a trip to your physician.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stress [ 2 Answers ]

[/COLOR if a one person is always fantasyzing?what could be the effects?is there a possibility that she could be out of her mind?

Stress? [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me if these are stress related symptoms. Everything started 3 weeks ago. I suffered from a 100 degree fever and horrible body aches for only 1 day. Then a severe migraine that lasted a week. (By the way I have never ever had a migraine before that.) Followed by upset stomach...

Stress [ 1 Answers ]

Why do you think it is important for people to deal with stress? Need lots of opinions doing a survey thing

Stress: [ 8 Answers ]

Tell me a few Christian ways to reduce stress! HANK :)

View more questions Search