Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhouse30 Posts: 306, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2011, 08:37 AM
    Covering scratched off color on a leather couch
    In the process of moving a navy blue leather couch inside a doorway, some of the color came off. It doesn't look scratched, it now has 2 white small areas in a couple of places. We tried to wipe the white off, and that is when we realized the color was gone.

Any tips will be appreciated, especially if there is something I can personally do.

Thanks in advance.

tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 24, 2011, 08:45 AM

Well yes, actually, there is something you can do. Leather furniture stores I believe sell a touch up dye. You could try that. Or you could pick a colour of crayon and use that. Rub it in, and wipe off. I am sure the marks would not be noticeable.

Tick
    rhouse30 Posts: 306, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2011, 09:17 AM
    Comment on tickle's post
    Thanks for your quick reply.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Repair scratches on tan leather couch [ 1 Answers ]

I have a light tan coloured couch. Recently I noticed some small scratches in it probably from the kids or possibly my cat. I tried putting the olive oil remedy on it but it turns the scratches darker. What can I do myself to fix these fine scratches that are driving me nuts!

Home repair for leather couch? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 12-15 inch tear on a leather couch, and a smaller tear in another spot... in need of a quick at home fix for this problem?

Repair and restore a leather couch [ 3 Answers ]

I have a couch that has a small tear and a number of scratches. I would like to repair the tear and scratches. The second thing is that I would like to know what to use to polish it up to look like new with no marks. Thank you very much for your help. Karen Koba

Replacing leather button on tufted couch [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I find the tool used to replace a leather button on a leather tufted sofa?

View more questions Search