Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mc2peona Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2011, 11:19 AM
    Why does my new water heater trickle out hot water but good pressure on cold water?
    I just had my water heater replaced and was given an energy star eco-friendly unit. But since the replacement, whenever I try to take a hot shower or fill my bathtub, the hot water trickles out almost like the faucet isn't open all the way but it is. The cold water comes out fantastic.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 23, 2011, 02:46 PM
    Did you pay to have the heater installed, if so call that installer back and have him correct what he did. Most likely debris from installation has clogged aerators and cartriges. Since you say cold is goood likely not the aerator so the junk is catch in your hot inlet. Can you tell us what type of faucets you have?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 23, 2011, 03:46 PM
    Since you only complained about one valve can we assume that you have pressure every place else? If that's the case then Bob nailed it. Good luck, Tom
    mc2peona Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2011, 05:17 PM
    Thanks for the help guys! I have no clue what type of faucets I have. The hot water pressure issue seems to be confined to the master bathroom, the tubs hot water trickles out and so does the sink faucets. The shower just never seems to get hot water. Will definitely be calling the installer back to fix this after Christmas!
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 23, 2011, 05:21 PM
    All the installer has to do is flush out your faucets and you'll be just fine Merry Xmas, Tom
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 24, 2011, 08:06 AM
    If the debris has reached ythe cartridges in the valve they will need to be opened and cleaned too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No hot water coming out of hot water side only cold... hot water heater is working [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I need help bad. I am a woman writing to you whose husband has given up on the problem and will no longer work on this. He doesn't care if we have hot water cause he can take a shower at work. I cannot. It is the dead of winter here in Colorado. We had frozen pipes that burst in the wall...

New hot water heater installed, but no hot water pressure. Plenty of cold water? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I own a small plumbing service and have a problem I've never encountered before. I installed a new top vented gas water heater for a customer. Turned the main back on, bled air out of the lines, etc. Problem is there is no hot water pressure throughout the house. Cold water pressure is fine....

Low hot water pressure on a kitchen sink, good cold water pressure [ 4 Answers ]

I have a single faucet sink where the cold water pressure is fine and all other sinks have good hot and cold water pressure. I replaced the kitchen faucet two years ago along with new lines. As of late I'm getting very little hot water pressure along with having to run the water for about 10...

No hot water in shower and water heater affects both cold and hot water flow [ 1 Answers ]

1. No hot water coming from shower even though there is hot water coming from face basin in same bathroom and throughout the house( moen plumbing) 2. when water heater valve to house is turned off the cold water and hot water from shower does not flow, yet in other faucets throughout the house...

Cold Water work, Hot water is only a trickle [ 3 Answers ]

Recently I've had a drop in the volume of hot water that is coming through my system. It is a problem on every faucet in the house. The cold water pressure is GREAT. The house is 7 years old, and I believe that it has copper tubing throughout. I've been digging around for solutions to this for...

View more questions Search