Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    markmill Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2013, 09:40 AM
    Low cold water pressure, good hot water pressure on well system
    Have a house on a well system. House is 24 years old, and over past year have noticed a continual decrease in cold water pressure. Hot water is fine.
    Well system maintains roughly a 42- 46 psi. The house has 40 psi at main line.
    House had flexible plastic water lines throughout, When flow dropped to just a trickle out of all faucets I decided to replace all of the cold side with CPVC
    Completed the project and still no pressure/flow at faucets?
    I replaced the pressure switch on well, thinking perhaps it was malfunctioning when under a load, no change. I did install a whole house filter when replumbing as I was finding calcium sediment in lines. Have also checked all faucets, aerators and valves to ensure no blockage at them. Any ideas? I know I have 40 psi at the main and close to that at all hot water faucets. I replaced the T going to hot water tank thinking it may be restricted, still nothing. I am out of ideas... Thanks

Check out some similar questions!

Hot water pressure great but VERY low cold water pressure [ 5 Answers ]

I just moved into a trailer that is 16 years old. It is on a private lot so we are on a well. After moving the trailer on the lot we hooked the water up including holding tank. After getting trailer set up we discovered we have great hot water pressure but very little cold water. So I replaced...

Low hot water pressure on a kitchen sink, good cold water pressure [ 4 Answers ]

I have a single faucet sink where the cold water pressure is fine and all other sinks have good hot and cold water pressure. I replaced the kitchen faucet two years ago along with new lines. As of late I'm getting very little hot water pressure along with having to run the water for about 10...

Why does my new water heater trickle out hot water but good pressure on cold water? [ 5 Answers ]

I just had my water heater replaced and was given an energy star eco-friendly unit. But since the replacement, whenever I try to take a hot shower or fill my bathtub, the hot water trickles out almost like the faucet isn't open all the way but it is. The cold water comes out fantastic.

Low cold water pressure but normal hot water [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought a house that was built in 1907. It has low water pressure on the cold side but normal pressure on the hot water side. I traced out the pipes and they are all copper and 3/4 inch for the branch feeders and 1/2 inch pipes going to the fixtures. The line coming into the house is 1...

Low water pressure oil hot water heating system [ 1 Answers ]

How does one go about increasing water pressure in a baseboard heating system?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.