Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SpencerG Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2008, 03:40 PM
    Vokčra Compact HE taking a long time to heat water
    Hi,

I have a Vokčra Compact 35 HE and it is taking far too long to heat water.

After turning the tap on to getting hat water takes a minimum of 45-50 seconds.

If the tap is turned off and back on then the hot water goes cold and it takes approx. the same time again (the same cycle as from cold).

Also if the water temp. is ajusted (i.e. flow of the hot tap) then the same happens again.

My plumber (and another plumber) are at a loss as to what it can be. Does anyone have an idea that can point them in the right direction?

Spence

P.S. The flow of water is not a problem and the pressure is fine.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jul 18, 2008, 04:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SpencerG
    Hi,

I have a Vokčra Compact 35 HE and it is taking far too long to heat water.

After turning the tap on to getting hat water takes a minimum of 45-50 seconds.

If the tap is turned off and back on then the hot water goes cold and it takes approx. the same time again (the same cycle as from cold).

Also if the water temp. is ajusted (i.e. flow of the hot tap) then the same happens again.

My plumber (and another plumber) are at a loss as to what it can be. Does anyone have an idea that can point them in the right direction?

Spence

P.S. The flow of water is not a problem and the pressure is fine.

Here is a $25.00 free manual for you

http://www.vokera.co.uk/download.asp...ype=literature
    Missouri Bound Posts: 1,532, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2008, 07:17 PM
    Isn't this a boiler... for heating buildings, not for domestic hot water?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jul 18, 2008, 07:50 PM
    Read the maual. It will do both.
    SpencerG Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2008, 04:14 AM
    Thanks for the copy, I will speak with them about trying the fault finding tests.

From what I have read the problem is that the led takes a long time to go constant green.

What confuses me is that it all works and that it just takes too long.

If anyone has heard of this before please let me know.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot water takes long time [ 4 Answers ]

Hello every one, It takes long time for the hot water to come on while we take shower especially on the second floor shower, once it is running then it is OK, but in the beginning wasting a lot of water, any suggestions please.

Heat pump takes a long time (hour or more) to raise the temperature [ 19 Answers ]

An HVAC guy just installed a Carrier 13 SEER heat pump, model number 25HBR, to heat/cool (forced air) the upstairs (10 ft ceilings) of my house (2800 sq ft) in the Washington DC area. The downstairs and basement are heated/cooled by a gas furnace/AC system. So far, I'm disappointed that the heat...

Heat takes a long time [ 1 Answers ]

My gas heat takes a long time to reach the setting. Why?

Hot water but no heating! Vokera boiler and honeywell cm67 thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

Please can someone help? I have recently moved into a home with a Vokera Boiler Linea range and honeywell CM67 thermostat. When we first moved in we had hot water and heat. With the hot weather the boiler has been on hot water only for approx 2 week. This week we have gone to put it on hot water...

Hot water takes a long time to reach faucets [ 3 Answers ]

On some bad advice I had a new hot water heater installed and have the same problem. 2100sq.ft.house with 2 1/2 baths. Three people in the house. It takes 2 to 3 minutes To get hot water at a faucet or any other outlet. Now I'm told that I need a thermal expansion tank between the main water line...

View more questions Search