Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alfarm2364 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2009, 12:21 PM
    Expert answer about minor car accident
    I had a car accident last week, which was not really accident, it was minor, but I claim to second parties insurance, to pay my damage. When I entered in parking lot in a private blockbuster parking zone in Burbank CA, there were another car that he just parked close my lot and when I was trying to park he opened his car door and slamed my rear right side door and made damage. He claimed that I didn't completely parked when he opened the door, and I really don't remember if I completely stopped or I just stopped about 2 or 3 feet later, anyway the insurance co. after took the picture told me that we are not going to pay any for damages duo to you were in moving position. Please let me know your opinion, and what should I do. Thanks
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 25, 2009, 12:53 PM

The insurance company appears to be saying that you were moving and hit him. You don't know if you were moving or not.

If you want the other party to pay for your damages you will have to sue that person in Small Claims Court.

I don't understand your statement that you had a car accident which was not really an accident. It either was an accident or it was deliberate - ?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 25, 2009, 01:20 PM

Yes did they open their door on purpose to damage your car ?

This is the issue, you don't know if you were moving or not, it makes a difference, Stopped, they should pay, moving it is a toss up, you may pay for yours, they pay for thiers often)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Car accident -driver in front put her car in reverse and smashed me [ 2 Answers ]

I was sitting in my car at a red light. Traffic was heavy-ish. Suddenly- very suddenly and out of nowhere my car and the car in front of me collided with an enormous impact. I was stunned. I was shocked and confused. Prior to impact my car was absolutely stationary! My chest area ( heart) ,...

Car accident with no insurance [ 5 Answers ]

I live in Bradenton Florida, I had a car accident in 2005 , it was my fault, I wasn't high speeding but I was on a phone call , didn't realize the light turned red and ipassed it, I hit a car which the car didn't have big damage and the person who was driving just got some scratched , I didn't have...

I had a minor accident in my car [ 0 Answers ]

I had a minor accident in my car. Now when I step on the gas the car doesn't move but the rpm raise. The car is in drive. What could be the problem?

Minor minor accident [ 3 Answers ]

Hi guys,nice to be here again... I just want to ask about my friend's case and I can't give her any opinion because I'm not sure what should I tell her. The story was, she hit a car in front of her on the side street, but it when they check the back of the car, there was no any scratches or dent or...

View more questions Search