Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xclibr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2012, 03:41 PM
    An american citizen living in ghana
    I have purchased a ticket for a woman to come to me in Canada. She has an american passport but now she says she needs a medical to leave Ghana. But she does NOT need a medical to visit Canada.
    Does she need a medical to leave Ghana and how much does it cost?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 27, 2012, 03:50 PM
    This is one of the most world famous scams in the entire world. I hope you did a prepaid ticket that she could not cash and you can get a refund for.

No there is no medical, she is trying to cheat you out of money. She does not even need a visa to enter Canada as an American Citizen. She can go to the American embassy to get help. If you just have to send money, Any money you send should be sent to the embassy for her to get. Never by western union.

First this is most likely not even a women and for sure not an american. It is a room full of people who use fake or stolen ID to cheat people out of money

Just Google Ghana dating scam and you will find 100's of thousands of scams listed.

First this is most likely not even a american
    taxesforaliens Posts: 649, Reputation: 117

Mar 27, 2012, 05:38 PM
    This sounds like a scam. Don't send any money.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Mar 27, 2012, 06:39 PM
    You're being scammed. Once you pay for the medical things, something else will come up that she will need money for.

Cut your losses now and walk away.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If I am an American citizen living in Canada with my Canadian spouse, how do I file? [ 6 Answers ]

I tried to do my taxes using turbotax's online program but I can't seem to answer the questions correctly regarding our status as living at a foreign address, etc. The program keeps asking for my husbands SS number which he obviously doesn't have. Do I need to file using a different form or...

Greek citizen becoming an American citizen by marriage to an American [ 1 Answers ]

How can a greek citizen become an american citizen by marriage to an american

Canadian citizen married to US citizen living in Canada, tax information [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, My wife and I have lived in Canada since August 2008. She has not filed US tax returns since 2008 and I would like to have them filed prior to our move to the US by late 2011. I am a little lost on which forms to use. Here is how our current income breaks down. Wife (USC) - 2008...

Can an American citizen easily file a divorce with a non-american citizen? [ 12 Answers ]

She entered through a K1 visa. She later decide to go back to her home country. Because of this, she couldn't get back to the US as she also had some troubles with visa. Can her husband file and process a divorce without his wife consent?

View more questions Search