Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Delow84 Posts: 309, Reputation: 45

Jan 23, 2008, 08:45 PM
    Strategy rpg
    Anyone know any good games like Final Fantasy Tactics, and Disgaea (and their sequels) that I could play? On any system. I like the isometric views and grid based movement/combat. I like the games with lots of classes or skills or extra stuff to do post game.

I am thinking of getting Spectral Souls if anyone has played it, Soul Nomad (well all NIS games lol) Nippon ichi makes the best start rpgs. I am looking forward to Disgaea 3 (main reason I'm getting a ps3)

Any tips?
    Jesus Hong Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2008, 03:30 AM
    A good game is final fantasy 12:Renevent Wings for the ds:)
    dvine17 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2008, 03:23 PM
    As for strategy games I recommend FF XII: Revenant Wings (ds), Soul Nomad (ps2), Hoshigami Remix (ds), and Luminous Arc (ds)
    Tweebo Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2008, 03:34 PM
    If you have internet access there's this game called dofus DOFUS :: MMORPG - Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game

I't was better when there was more players but its still fun. It's free but your restricted on a few things ( kind of like runscape ) give it a try

Jan 25, 2008, 04:29 PM
    Thanks guys appreciate the tips, I'm going to try them out. Soul nomad I really wanted to try because its Nippon Ichi. Is it good? Lots of classes or extra things to do?

Jan 25, 2008, 08:16 PM
    I haven't gotten to far into soul nomad yet but it's pretty good. But as for extras I don't quite know yet. I do know that certain choices can result in an immediate game over. But I'm not going to say any more than that.

Jan 25, 2008, 08:55 PM
    What about combat? Is it a class system like FF tactics or disgaea? Do you have an army of people you use or just like a set number like the other two games?

Jan 25, 2008, 09:43 PM
    In away soul nomad is actually quite unique. At the start of any battle you are the only person on the field. However depending on which "room" you're character(s) are in you can have anywhere from 1-9 people on the same team. This applies to every team you "summon" on to the field. I'm only aware of having a maximum of 9 teams that become available through progression. Also there are a ton of different types of characters. But the 9 by 9 system makes it possible to have 81 people on the field however only 9 will show up. Thus if the character on the field dies but the others are still alive the others "retreat" so you need to pick your team leaders carefully. Also you can use "gig edicts" which are like items but have varying to just plain weird effects. Such as kidnap which allows you to "steal" a teammate from an enemy. I haven't gotten this one to work yet though. You can also use certain gig edicts in towns or villages which can result in fights in towns or steal "rare" items. It's pretty unique and fun to me but I don't know anyone else who likes it.

Jan 25, 2008, 10:30 PM
    Sounds interesting, I'm working on disgaea 1 on the psp, then I'm going to get soul nomad and spectral souls.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is this a good strategy for job hunting? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am from a caribbean island, I am in a job but things seem grim as the company may soon be liquidated. I just wanted to know would it be a wise idea to send introduction letters to HRs of companies I am interested in working and ask them out for lunch to further introduce and evalute myself...

Appropriate tax return strategy? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I was on F1 for 5 years, then on OPT for 10 months, and now on H1 for 8 months. This should qualify me as a resident alien for 2006. My wife did almost the same, but her H1 started 3 months ago, so I am not sure whether she is a resident alien or not for 2006. Her OPT also lasted for 11...

Internet search strategy [ 2 Answers ]

I want learn about the internet search engines. So would u like to tell me about the effective "internet search strategy"

View more questions Search