Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hnkirkland Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2008, 07:58 AM
    Constantly Sleepy
    I am always sleepy, even when I get 8-9 hours of sleep a night. I takes me a long time to fall asleep and it isn't fun. But I go to sleep around 9 and don't wake up until 7. I'm not really sure what is going on. But I have also been sick off and on with the same symptoms sore throat and stuffy nose, it goes away and then comes back in like a week. I am also on antidepressants too I don't know if that has anything to do with it either but I'm just throwing that out there just in case

If anyone can help me I would apprectiate it very much
    Thank You
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

May 1, 2008, 04:22 PM
    Antidepressants can cause you to not get your proper deep REM sleep at night. Try melatonin pills under the tongue before you want to go to sleep. That will at least help you get to sleep quicker so you can get some quality rest. You could possibly have a low level infection that comes and goes. Here is the link where I buy my melatonin online:

Melatonin 1mg Sublingual-Peppermint

You can also read about melatonin on the web. There are several articles about this. Your body actually makes this when you are young and as you age your body does not make as much. You could have some kind of lack right now of melatonin for you to not to be able get to sleep easily. I take 3 of the little pills under my tongue about 30 minutes before I want to go to sleep. I start reading a book and in a few pages I can't hold my eyes open and klonk out shortly after putting down the book. This is totally non-habit forming. There is also a book about this called The Miracle of Melatonin. Amazon has it used for about $2 plus shipping if you would like to know more about this other than the articles on the net. I bought the book and glad I read it.
    hnkirkland Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2008, 07:47 AM
    That is good to know. I will try to get some of those pills. So the melatonin pills won't mess with your antidepressants? And yes it takes up to like an hour to fall asleep I don't really remember if I wake up during the night. But Hopefully this will help. Thank you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sleepy arms while sleeping [ 10 Answers ]

Hello. I went to the doctor because while sleeping my arms and hands get numb. I got a bunch of blood test done. Everything seems to be normal. I do go to the gym everyday and work out mainly with machines, as well as take 16 different clases every week. 4 classes of yoga, 4 of ody works, 4 of...

Sleepy Mom [ 2 Answers ]

About 2yrs ago I became a stay-at-home mother of a wonderful little boy. At first I was psyched! No hassles from a boss if I am the boss. Well shortly after I started feeling awfully tired all the time. Not wanting to do anything. Just want to sleep half the day. My eyes are tired all the time as...

Sleepy mouse [ 3 Answers ]

My wireless logitch mouse has started to ' fall a sleep'. That is to say if you don't use/move the cursor within ~10 seconds the mouse 'falls a sleep'. To wake it I have to left click... not ideal... any thoughts? I've looked in the Control Panel but nothig seeems to fix me up Thanks...

Sleepy puppy [ 2 Answers ]

I just got a 6 month Bichon Frise, he sleeps ALL DAY and ALL NIGHT. He gets up for a couple of hours and is not hyper or anything. Is this normal?

Sleepy hollow [ 1 Answers ]

Who went sleepless because of the headless horseman?

View more questions Search