Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    miguelito3218 Posts: 60, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2007, 07:53 PM
    Few general questions.
    What is the easiest way to plumb (water supply) a bathroom, considering a simple design of sink, toilet, and shower all in line? (all have same wet wall). Lines coming in closest to sink.

When running supply lines to washing machine, what is the purpose of those copper "hammer" devices I see sometimes on newer homes and are they necessary?

Finally, how do you secure an expansion tank on a cpvc system? Thanks!
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2007, 08:03 PM
    It depends on what kind of material you are going to use if you are using copper you should take 3/4 inch copper to the point that you can branch off it and only have to 1/2 inch openings left to serve. You don't say anything about a washing machine or kitchen sink or water heater. So I would run 3/4 to the bathroom sink. There I would change to 1/2 inch to the commode and also a separate 1/2 inch to the shower.

You would have to have a hanger or a platform for the tank to rest on.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 6, 2007, 04:36 AM
    "What is the easiest way to plumb (water supply) a bathroom, considering a simple design of sink, toilet, and shower all in line? (all have same wet wall). lines coming in closest to sink."

You supply the bathroom off a 3/4" main with a 1/2" branch with no more then three ftixtures supplied by a 1/2" branch.

"When running supply lines to washing machine, what is the purpose of those copper "hammer" devices I see sometimes on newer homes and are they necessary?"

Air chambers, (shock arresters) are installed in the walls on all lavatory stub-outs and kitchen sinks. They suppress water hammer. They are not installed on washers unless there's water hammer as the washer fills.

"Finally, how do you secure an expansion tank on a cpvc system?"

You cut a tee into the water heater cold water inlet and attach the expansion tank to it.
    Hope this helps, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

5 General Questions [ 14 Answers ]

Hello, I have a science fair project on Forensic Science (the whole project is presented to judges in February but right now we are working a bit on in in science class) and we had a assignment to do a Mentor Interview which basically we ask questions to a expert on the topic. Here are my 5...

General reading [ 2 Answers ]

:D DOB 10/20/1961 Can I get a general reading?Please

General Reading [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, could someone give me a general reading... please let me know. Thanks.

View more questions Search