Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Holly23 Posts: 180, Reputation: 15

Oct 6, 2009, 08:23 AM
    Sick fish.
    Hi everybody.
    I have a little black cold water fish (Steve)
    But he seems to have some sort of infection in his eye.
    Hes eating OK and swimming around grand but I hate to think he's in pain.
    Is there anything I can do to try clear it up?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 6, 2009, 09:02 AM

Hi holly, I would hate to think of a little fish called 'steve' being in distress. I know nothing about fish, ornamental or otherwise. I did find a website that is pretty comprhensive as to fish ailments and eye infections seem to be a big thing with them. The causes start with poor nutrition. You could be feeding him not enough or the wrong mix.

Here is the website:

www.aquaticcommunity.com/disease/eyeproblem

Tick
    Holly23 Posts: 180, Reputation: 15

Oct 6, 2009, 10:47 AM

Thanks so much tick!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Fish sick AGAIN? [ 6 Answers ]

So here's my problem: I feed my fish red flake food so their poo is always red, but today when I looked at my tank I saw brown poo. I have a snail but my snail's poo doesn't look like the poo I found today. I've been feeding my snail algae disks and I remove the leftovers. What is my fish...

Is my fish sick? [ 5 Answers ]

I have two fish and a water snail in my tank and today I found my fish leaning on a rock, sideways. Please please help me, I don't want my fish to die.:( Oh you, and I've been putting melifax into my tank, if that helps.

Fish are dying. Again in fish tank. [ 3 Answers ]

Ph is high in this, the second try. All my fish died a few weeks ago, over night. Cleaned out tank and have introduced a few new fish. Now they have began to die. The ph is high, and I am trying to bring it down using peat moss this time. I have a coral rock in the tank. Could this be a problem...

Beta fish sick [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Buddah3, my office mate of 3 years, is sick. He had "pop eye" in one eye so I moved him into a new bowl and used mardel trisulfa - his "pop eye" went away. But he has not eaten since (3 weeks or so). He was hungery but could not get food in his mouth. It was as if he needed glasses...

View more questions Search