Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bruce023 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2009, 10:53 AM
    Abnormal growth on top fin
    Hi,

My fish got an abnormal growth on the top fin recently. Could you please diagnose the disease and provide medication if any please?

Thanks
    Attached Images

N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2009, 11:19 AM

We would have no idea
    I can't even see the growth in the picture
    It could be anything from a harmless cyst type thing to a tumor or whatever fish get.
    I do know that when fish start losing their color that is something to be concerned about.
    Maybe you could put the fish in a big bowl of water and take it to the pet store or vet to see if they know what it is.
    Pet Smart is good because they have Banfield vet right there in many of their pet stores
    Juicy Buns Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2009, 04:30 AM

From what I can see, the growth looks like normal tissue that's just spread up the fin. Does it look any different to the rest of the fish? Is it soft, solid or normal feeling?
    bruce023 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2009, 08:54 AM
    Hi All,

I have taken a better picture of the growth on the top fin. And recently there has been another growth on the tail.

Hope this helps

Bruce
    Attached Images

Juicy Buns Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2009, 05:24 PM

Wow, I've never seen something that looks like that before. I'll forward the post to some experts I know and tell you what they think. It looks a bit tumourish to me. Have you tried emailing Rick Hess? Go onto goldfishconnection.com and you'll find his email address on there. He's the oracle of all fish knowledge, I'm sure he'll know something about it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Abnormal large growth/tumour on the side of a fancy goldfish [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I have had my current goldfish for a few years now, They have always been perfectly healthy, except one of them has a large growth on the side of it, it has been growing for about two years now, and it really is huge. It is the normal colour of the fish and doesn't seem to affect my...

Abnormal eeg [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, my son has an Abnormal eeg, which is causing him to have a learning disability, My son was not born like this, when he was 3 years old he accidentally swallow a pill that Was for a schizophrenia patient. He was rushed to the hospital, his whole left side was Stiffed, he looked...

Calculate the international growth rate & sustainable growth rate? [ 1 Answers ]

S&S Air INC. 2006 income statement $ Sales: 21,785,300 Cost of goods sold: ...

Am I abnormal? [ 3 Answers ]

I am madly in love with my boyfriend, we have had 11 very happy months together and are ready for sex, I am a virgin he is not, is it normal for me to be worrying what he will think when he sees me naked for the first time? What happens if he doesn't like what he sees? I am even worried about the...

View more questions Search