Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jamieboyr2tg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2013, 01:46 AM
    I dreamt I was murdered then watched my family being murdered what does this mean.
    I was shot by an unknown man in my home then I "sat" and watched my family being murdered. My mother seemed to accept it.. my father seemed angry and my brother tried to run.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 14, 2013, 04:35 AM
    It means you are sorting out the news of the world around you and are worried about the safety of your family. You also have given your parents and brother certain attributes about facing danger based on what you think they might be like.

It's very rare to dream that you are dead. I think Freud said it is impossible (I could be wrong about that). I remember one very vivid dream from about 35-40 years ago in which I was dead, or my perception was that I was dead. At least I understand the contradiction to reason - how you can be aware that you are dead in a dream. But as you know dreams are rarely organized, rational, and reasonable.
    backpack2389 Posts: 255, Reputation: 83

Feb 15, 2013, 06:23 AM
    I have had many dreams about being dead and about fighting for my life or the lives of my family. Generally, I dream about being dead when there has been a death of someone close to me or when I have been reading/watching something that discusses death. Dreams about fighting for my life can also be prompted by reading/watching material with death in it but more often both types of dreams seem to be triggered by stress. I think perhaps the 'fighting' I am doing for my life in the professional arena during the day translates into literally fighting for my life in my dreams at night.

People have truly bizarre dreams. We tend to dream about the things that are on our mind frequently or right before bed. Dreams are random electrical firings of neurons in the brain. They tend to originate from more active areas (which is why frequently/recently active thoughts tend to feature) and as the impulses spread, more random thoughts get stimulated. Afterward, your brain tries to put all of the thoughts into a cohesive image/story as this is it's natural imperative. I heard and read about this theory many times while obtaining my degree neuroscience.

At any rate, while I do believe the ways in which you interpret information from your dreams are revealing (the attributes you give your family members, how you feel about their deaths), I don't think the content is necessarily anything to worry about (a death scene).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dreaming of being murdered [ 12 Answers ]

What does it mean if you frequently dream of being murdered?

What does it mean to dream about being murdered? [ 3 Answers ]

So this morning my hubby left for work at 5:30 I said good bye and fell back alseep 15 minutes later I woke up frozen and terrified. I was dreaming that this mystery man (I don't know who it was) was chasing me everywhere I went he was there or would pop up. He was trying to kill me he would go...

JFK murdered [ 5 Answers ]

Hello: The only president I ever loved, died 47 years ago today. I remember exactly what I was doing when I heard... Call me sentimental. excon

Dreams of being murdered [ 11 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone could help me... I keep having dreams about being chased and brutally murdered with an ax. In the most recent dream, we were all homeless, but there was one crazy guy who bullied everyone else. Then he went into the woods and murdered a man and took his clothing and other...

View more questions Search