Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bre4uask Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2007, 04:44 PM
    Dream Or Love?
    Okay so Im 19 and I have been dating my boyfriend since my junior year. I want to move to California to go to fashion school but he doesn't want to move. I really love this guy but I also really want to go to fasion school in Cali. What should I do? Should I pick the love of my life or my dream??
    Shorty87 Posts: 36, Reputation: 3

Dec 9, 2007, 04:50 PM
    Try long distance. If it was meant to be it will work and you two will make it work. You need to follow your dreams. If you stop dreaming you stop living. My question though is how do you know he is the love of your life? Just a question though not trying to challenge you in any way.
    stonewilder Posts: 420, Reputation: 99

Dec 9, 2007, 04:51 PM
    You'll have many chances for love but you may only have one opportunity to make your dream happen. If he is the love of your life then you will meet up later when the time is right.
    bre4uask Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2007, 09:22 AM
    Well the thing is our whole relationship has practically long distance because I moved my senior year to another state. He doesn't want to wait any longer to be with me. I know guys come and go, and this is my dream. But what if I move and we decide to split and everything doesn't work out in Cali and I'm left wishing I would have stayed?
    Shorty87 Posts: 36, Reputation: 3

Dec 10, 2007, 10:57 AM
    But you don't know that that is what is going to happen.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2007, 02:06 PM
    I didn't follow my dreams and ended up in a bad marriage.
    Four kids (the only good thing I got out of the past 20 years)
    And 15 years later after divorce. I am trying to piece my life together to the point
    That I can follow my old dreams.

You could postpone your school thing until you see where the relationship is headed
    Then if you break up go for the school. Or find a closer school.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 10, 2007, 02:23 PM
    If you don't follow your dream one day you will end up resenting him for holding you back. If he really loves you then he has to let you go, this is only for a few years, after that you have the rest of your lives to be together if that's what is meant to happen.
    stonewilder Posts: 420, Reputation: 99

Dec 10, 2007, 04:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bre4uask
    Well the thing is our whole relationship has practically long distance because i moved my senior year to another state. He doesnt want to wait any longer to be with me. I know guys come and go, and this is my dream. But what if I move and we decide to split and everything doesnt work out in Cali and I'm left wishing I would of stayed??

That's life sweetie! Sometimes we have issues in live where the choice seems so simple then later on we wonder if we should have made a different choice. What if you pass up your dream, split up with him and spend the rest of you life wondering if you could have made it? Or worse yet pass your dream up, marry him have 2.5 kids and spend the rest of you life resenting him and always wondering if your dream could have happened? He doesn't want to move there with you, but he doesn't want to wait on you either. Think about that... how does that make you feel to know he's not going to compromise in any way so you can have your dream and him too? Relationships are full of compromise and if he is not willing to compromise this relationship will never work anyway.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Love, understanding love, types of love [ 12 Answers ]

I thought this would be interesting to discuss. We all use love so much, we could say we love someone, then the next moment, we say we love our car, or wed love a big mac. I was watching this interesting video, in which this guy explained that the hebrews had 3 words for love. Raya- friendship...

My Dream [ 1 Answers ]

I Dreamt Last Night That I Had A Baby Boy.I Absolutely Knew How Much I Loved That Baby He Had Even Started To Breastfeed And I Could Immediately Feel An Attachment To Him.however I Dropped Him On His Head Three Times He Seemed Okay But I Was Still Too Embarressed To Tell Anyone So I Could Get Him...

Dream [ 10 Answers ]

I had a dream about my grand dad who passed on, We were in a dark space, I seen a spray of flowers, callalilys. I wondered what this was suppose to mean, while I was Having this dream. I thought maybe someone was going to die, I fell to my knees, grandfather told be to be still & I would know. ...

I had a dream of my ex-lover that I still so much in love with! [ 1 Answers ]

I had a dream of my ex-lover that I still so much in love with. I pleading to my ex-lover and holding his hand telling him to give another chance. I won't do anything wrong and I think I might have even been crying. He just stares at me like the day we got together and he doesn't say a thing....

View more questions Search