Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justbnme Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2007, 08:28 AM
    Interest on back child support
    Is there a way for the receiving party of child support to have the interest that has accumulated on the arrearages (back support) taken off. There is no order for current support to be paid. All the interest is directly related to back support. The back support balance is $1600, but the interest due is $3000. Both our children are no longer minors.

I'm just trying to give the dad a break. He is in the process of getting divorced and will be responsible for child support for two children. I will be satisfied with the $1600 he owes me.

How do I get the $3000 taken off the child support ledger?
    041479 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2007, 09:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by justbnme
    Is there a way for the receiving party of child support to have the interest that has accumulated on the arrearages (back support) taken off. There is no order for current support to be paid. All the interest is directly related to back support. The back support balance is $1600, but the interest due is $3000. Both our children are no longer minors.

I'm just trying to give the dad a break. He is in the process of getting divorced and will be responsible for child support for two children. I will be satisfied with the $1600 he owes me.

How do I get the $3000 taken off the child support ledger?
    I know here in Ga, you would have to drop your case with Child Support Enforcement, and I still am not sure if that gets rid of the arrears completely. You may have to call them and you sign papers to forgive him of those arrears.

We go through the same thing with bio mom. Except she is crazy and said that he has never paid, thank god he had receipts from years ago.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Back child support [ 6 Answers ]

Daughter is 17 dad has never paid child support even though he said he woul.he would give her money at different times. I just filed with DHS in our state and want to know how far back will she be able to collect. She has 1year of high school & will go to college.

Back child support [ 2 Answers ]

My ex husband never paid child support for my son and I never had the funds to pursue it with an attorney. Can my son now sue his biological father for the back child support. My son is 35 and has never had a relationship with his father even though he lives in the same town. He never tried to...

My exhusband failed to pay child support. Now my three children are all adults and out of the house and the money is just now starting to come in. Who should get this money? My children or me?

I owe 2 1/2 years back child support had not work file for ssdi,just won case expecting lump sum can childsupport take lump sum if what % i.e. 1-100%

View more questions Search